Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AF/Ultra sized Serenity

After only about 9 months from ordering it from Forbidden Planet International to actually arriving, finally got my Serenity ornament.

It is WAY cool - once you unscrew the stupid hook that you use to attach it to a Christmas tree.

It comes with a great display stand (but it easily comes off) and is a one piece solid robust toy - my son can't wait to get his hands on it.

The box does not have a display window, so the MIB brigade will be unhappy - you'll have to open it to see it.

All in all, very happy with it - took a pic of the AF Rep Cruiser for size comparisson.

Laters

BC3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serenity1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	14594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serenity2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	14595   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serenity3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	14596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serenity4.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	14597  

Thumbs up

Really cool! I'm considering this too.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Nifty! I read somewhere else that it's pretty fragile though, that plus the higher price and questionable licensing held me back.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ME WANT! *Drool*

Very cool!

It would be neat if some toy make got the licenses to make random starships from Sci-Fi...

Ships like Serenity, Moya (from Farscape), ANYthing from Stargate, etc...

Ah well. Nice ship though

Cheers

& Talking of Stargate..............

Does anybody remember when Hasbro announced that they were doing BSG titaniums, they also said that they were doing Stargate titaniums?

Anybody heard anything else about this? It must be about a year ago now.

BC3

I thought StarGate SG-1 was over (the TV serie). I heard the serie will stop and only "Atlantis" will continue.
    Then probably no StarGate minis but who knows...
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

SG-1 is in Season 10- like South Park. I don't know if they're done...

Hasbro owned the Stargate movie toy license back in the day (I made the flyer they had a glider for my Prince Xizor figure from SotE, since it was the right color scheme and all). I don't know why Hasbro can't seem to make vehicles for the show. I mean from the Orion to the Flyers to the Wraith to the Go'auld (SP), there are plenty of ships to make!

I am excited for the next 2 BSG Titaniums (Scar and Classic Viper). Hopefully they'll be out soon!

I remember Stargate being on the list, but it dried up quickly, my guess is they were trying some shenanigans between that license and the show license, or else their contract dried up, or they saw there wasn't enough kid interest.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just to clarify, SG1 is getting through the rest of season 10, they're in a mid-season hiatus so that BSG and Doctor Who can have half seasons. SG1 the show is over, but they're looking for ways to continue the stories of SG1.

It really bites that Hasbro didn't end up making the Stargate Titaniums, it would've been awesome to have some diecast F302s, Daedalus, Prometheus, etc. Stargate gets the short end of the stick when it comes to merchandising.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Huh- so Stargate SG-1 is done? I hadn't heard that- from what I understood, they were going to continue until they didn't want to anymore- esp. since the cast has signed on...

Personally, I would have LOVED a 6" Ultra Titanium Stargate Gate. Maybe it could have had a revolving feature and everything...would have been cool, but the Ultra's are dead so yeah . Never happen.