I know this may sound like a thread for a different forum, yet the problem isn't so much a problem for this site, since I am permanently logged in here.
Whenever I go to check my mail for yahoo.com or log in to the espn forums, and other forums that require my username and password, instead of logging me in, I automatically get returned to the log-in site with my name and password cleared--in other words to the site back again, with no error message or anything.
If I have to pinpoint a problem, I can pinpoint several reasons why this may have occured.
1) Just recently whenever I tried opening up the Microsoft Internet Explorer program, I could get in for two seconds and then the program would shut down without any warning or error message.
2) I called my internet provider and he said it was something not within their control. He told me there were problems with the Yahoo toolbars that might fix it, so he recommended me removing the program under Windows control panel, I did, and it magically fixed the problem. I was able to log in to mail and websites right after this happen, but three days later, I couldn't.
3) I performed an AdAware Sweep recently and several Spyware sweeps and deleted all the critical objects it found, perhaps this is the root of my problem?
4) I can log in to all of the above sites under my brother's Window username on this same computer.
5) I did delete all my temporary internet files but don't think that had anything to do with the root of these problems.
6) Yahoo recommends I install the latest internet explorer, but I don't think again this would solve my problems since my latest version worked fine up until a couple of days ago.
I appreciate any help that can be given. I only posses an average intelligence on computer matters and I would appreciate the help of those whose knowledge is far more superior.