Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Few Good Men

Blog Entries

A Few Good Men

Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, Kiefer Sutherland, Cuba Gooding, and more. Ah yes - and Colonel Markinson

This was a great masterpiece actually - some of the finest performances were acted out in exchanges between Cruise and many of his co-stars. Plus there were great and unforgettable lines uttered in this film.

The truth?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

We live in a world that has walls and that requires men with guns to stand on those walls.

There was so much here and a stellar cast. Well played.

Tom Cruise as Navy Defense Attorney Danniel McCaffey defends two Marines who accidentally killed a fellow soldier while trying to covertly discipline him - but under orders from a high up Colonel who was eyeing a security council post (Colonel Jessup - played by Jack Nicholson).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

nbc was showing this a few years ago. i found the advertising for it quite hilarious. "a few good men" starring tom cruise, jack nicholson and er's noah wyle. he has such a bit part in the flick, but they were hyping it like it was bacon's part he played.

a pretty good flick all around. third behind casablanca and star wars probably the movie i quote the most.

Is this the movie where The Cruiser is the Cocky lawyer? or the cocky fighter pilot? or the cocky samuri? or the cocky stockcar driver? or the cocky....

Blog Entries
    See Born on the 4th of July to see Tom Cruise as a depressed, down-and-out, paralyzed Vietnam War veteran who has nothing to be cocky about. He can play a different type of character - he just usually wasn't cast as one. Is that his fault?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

one of my top 20 favorite movies of all time!
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Instigator View Post
    one of my top 20 favorite movies of all time!

Which one? A Few Good Men? or Born on the 4th of July? We started discussing 2 different films for a second there.

I agree, A Few Good Men is one of the greatest films of all time. I have memorized Jack's famous speech and can recite it on command...word for word!

Yes, I know...I'm a sick person and I need help.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Which one? A Few Good Men? or Born on the 4th of July? We started discussing 2 different films for a second there.
    sorry, thread title. A few Good Men
    Order66

Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

also consider these the best;

Full Metal Jacket
    Matrix
    Gladiator
    Good Will hunting
    Top Gun
    Dirty Dancing ( )
    As Good As It Gets
    Rounders
    Heat
    Italian Job
    Blade
    ALL Star Wars movies
    American History X
    Underworld
    First Knight
    Reign Of Fire

just a few off the top of my head, sorry not intending to thread jack
    Order66

Blog Entries
    Full Metal Jacket - Platoon was way better IMO
    Matrix - the first one was great. Maybe they should have stopped there?
    Gladiator - didn't see it
    Good Will hunting - didn't see it
    Top Gun - I loved this movie so much I saw it in the theaters like 6 times.
    Dirty Dancing - mmmm. OK. Recast it might've been really great.
    As Good As It Gets - Funny, but not terribly memorable.
    Rounders -didn't see it
    Heat - awesome actually. Great battle scenes in the bank heist.
    Italian Job - didn't see it
    Blade - awsome as well. It went downhill with the sequels.
    ALL Star Wars movies - I kind of liked those. That's the series with Darth Vader, right?
    American History X - good movie! Very thought provoking.
    Underworld - didn't see it
    First Knight - I liked this one myself. I was surprised to see it on your list.
    Reign Of Fire- didn't see it

just a few off the top of my head, sorry not intending to thread jack
    That's OK - but start threads for any of the movies above that you want to discuss separately. I always do

The topic here is A Few Good Men

And I eat breakfast 300 yards away from thousands of men who are trained to kill me