Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LOTR Aragorn as Strider 12" 10 days from pre-auth

Not SW, but it is 12" and it is Sideshow, so I figured I'd post in here. I just got my notice on Aragorn as Strider figure, 15 days from hitting LA warehouse and 10 days from pre-auth. I didn't get the exclusive unfortunately, but this figure does look very nice none the less. I'm really surprised the low interest, it's been available for months and there are STILL regular editions available out of the 4000 regular run - spells doom for this line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just checked at Sideshow. They did finally sell out of Strider both versions. I forgot that I ordered Legolas exclusive also. Interesting side note: the Hobbit is coming!

Oooh, you are so right, I was on the Strider page and only noticed the "your price" ordering element, not the part under that said it was sold out.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/c...206&type=store

I also got the Legolas exclusive, but I didn't forget. They need to hurry up and do a Gandalf before the line caves.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I've got so many Star Wars figures on the Priority Pre-order, I forgot about the LOTR's The next one's gotta be Gandalf the Grey. He's the only one left in the Fellowship they can use the same body for. Though I thought Gandalf was a little taller than the manfolk and elf, or is that just his hat?

Technically...the Elves are supposed to be the tallest of the races. But Aragorn and Boromir and Gandalf are all of races with at least partial Elf heraldry so they get a pass. Very attentive people may have noticed in Toybiz's line that they stayed true to that and made the men of Rohan (who were not decended of Elvenkind) a little shorter. But In fact...I will probably never give it another thought unless it comes up in conversation again.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Yeah, I've got so many Star Wars figures on the Priority Pre-order, I forgot about the LOTR's The next one's gotta be Gandalf the Grey. He's the only one left in the Fellowship they can use the same body for. Though I thought Gandalf was a little taller than the manfolk and elf, or is that just his hat?
    I remember Gandalf being taller as well. Sideshow has 3 standard male bodies - short, standard, and "big boy", so maybe they could use the biggest one: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1823

Faramir is next.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Whot? Faramir second son of Denethor younger brother of Boromir is next?

That'd be him. They showed a picture of the eyes of the next figure in the podcast tonight and I am 99.9% sure it is him. Every other person who guessed agrees.

Cool, I wonder if he will be in his woodsman clothes or armor? A little off topic, but what do you think of the Medicom Trooper they are selling tomorrow? I'm debating wether or not to get one. I just wonder about the quality. Never bought a Medicom before. I can't tell if that's black cloth under his armor, or if it's all plastic.