Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The greatest gift of all time!

After reading "Tycho's bad news" thread I had to post this new thread.

You have the power...yes...you may be able to save a life.

I am encouraging everyone here to become an organ donor.

It's simple and easy, in most states all you have to do is sign the organ donor release on the back of your driver's license!

So as you read this please, pull out your driver's license and turn it over, if you have the organ donor release on the back of your license sign it! Get a witness to sign it and you may save the life of someone who desperatly needs it!

Do not buy into the myths. I have heard all kinds of BS about how, if you are in an accident the ER will not try to save you if you are a donor and all kinds of other garbage. These are urban legends!!! LIES!!!

The bottom line is there's no reason not to be a donor. So just sign the card and get the witnesses!

You may save the life of a child, a father, a mother, a brother or a sister!

God forbid anything bad happen to anyone here, but should the unexpected happen you may be able to save a life!

Please, please be an organ donor!
    May the force be with you.

If you are going to become an organ donor, it is also a good idea to tell your loved ones - they can contest an organ donation on your behalf even if you have it marked on your license.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

And don't forget living wills/directives. Put being an organ donor in there, and you cover everything from when they begin to take the organs and under what circumstances.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Good stuff, guys thanks for the input.

Definatly make sure you tell the loved ones and get a living will!
    May the force be with you.

I have signed the back of my driver license for organ donar, and had one of the former Chicago Bears, Wendall Davis, signed the back as a witness.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    and had one of the former Chicago Bears, Wendall Davis, signed the back as a witness.
    That's hott.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I've always been an organ donor on my license. If I'm dead,no use keeping my organs to just decompose
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Much like IJG, I've always been an organ donor too.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

If there is a part of me that could help somebody else they can have it, I won't need it anymore.

Not me, I've got a phobia about being cut open after I die...I've already made instructions that I'm not to be messed with by any funeral directors and hopefully I'll die naturally so that the state does not force an autopsy on me.