Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Hasbro's making the Sith Infiltrator and here's the bad news...

Yak Face,

3) I've heard rumours about a 3 3/4 scale Sith Infiltrator? First of all, is it true? And secondly will it be scaled like the 'real' ship [ideally with space for a couple of probe droids and a Sith speeder or is it going to be a modified TIE fighter with room for one pilot?

Hasbro,

Yes, it is true. It will be develoepd for the $19.99 Starfighter Vehicle line, so liberties will be taken with scale but there will be cool features and will be designed for one pilot. We can't wait to show fans the final product…it's a sensational vehicle.

Sounds more like sensational BS.

$19.99?!?!?!?!?! WTF! Hasbro is killing the line.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I warned you guys this is what would happen.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At least they are marking it? Come on now. Hasbro have lost their nerve. I wont buy it and I hope they reuse the mold for years to come. Next year they can paint it the colors of the rainbow.

Now that's Sensational!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Yak Face,

3) I've heard rumours about a 3 3/4 scale Sith Infiltrator? First of all, is it true? And secondly will it be scaled like the 'real' ship [ideally with space for a couple of probe droids and a Sith speeder or is it going to be a modified TIE fighter with room for one pilot?

Hasbro,

Yes, it is true. It will be develoepd for the $19.99 Starfighter Vehicle line, so liberties will be taken with scale but there will be cool features and will be designed for one pilot. We can't wait to show fans the final product…it's a sensational vehicle.

Sounds more like sensational BS.

$19.99?!?!?!?!?! WTF! Hasbro is killing the line.

So it'll be about the size of the Jedi Starfighter - which ain't too bad. X-Wing size would have been better... I don't see this as "horrible" just a reflection of what sells. Face it, the 19.99 price point works for kids, parents and some collectors. And it'll fit Maul - so... it ain't ALL bad...

As expected. I am now less likely to consider this a worthwhile purchase. The sith infiltrator was not a starfighter, it may have had the appearance of one but it was more the scale of a space freighter like the Millenium Falcon. Its a wait and see jobby. Right now I'm not enthused.

Blah. Might just as well not have bothered. Unless it's made from really cheapo plastic and has minimal parts. then it could be bigger. but with them saying 'cool features' it sounds like firing things and pop out things and useless non movie stuff.

There again I don't buy ships anyway. take up way too much space. now speeder bikes and swoops are a whole different kettle of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    So it'll be about the size of the Jedi Starfighter - which ain't too bad.
    Provided you don't mind that the Jedi Starfighter is the smallest space vehicle in all of Star Wars and the Sith Infiltrator is 5 times that size, a third bigger than a Republic Gunship.
    • Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter - 8 meters
    • Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter - 5.5 meters
    • Naboo Fighter - 11 meters
    • X-wing Fighter - 12.5 meters
    • ARC-170 - 14.5 meters
    • Republic Gunship - 17.5 meters
    • Sith Infiltrator - 26.5 meters
    • world's biggest minirig - $19.99
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    • Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter - 8 meters
    • Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter - 5.5 meters
    • Naboo Fighter - 11 meters
    • X-wing Fighter - 12.5 meters
    • ARC-170 - 14.5 meters
    • Republic Gunship - 17.5 meters
    • Sith Infiltrator - 26.5 meters
    • world's biggest minirig - $19.99
    Watching Jeditricks and Turbowars melt down - priceless...

I'm not saying it's ideal. I would prefer a larger one too. I'm only saying I can see why Hasbro wants to keep it to a 19.99 price range. Heck, to make it "in scale" to the starfighter it would be the size of the Royal Starship. Now, I love that ship - but it's pretty big - and I don't have the space to display an "in scale" Sith Infiltrator.

Ten more bucks could have gotten us something more like the Slave I in size and scale, not perfect but far preferable. At least it couldn't be any worse than the travesty that was the Outrider in SotE.

Though I'll agree that if you want to change the scale that much what is the point in releasing it? I suppose one could decide it is Darth Maul's personal starfighter with a design influenced by his Sith Infiltrator. We can put a bumper sticker on it that says, "My other car is the Sith Infiltrator."
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06