Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lazy question thread. (Obi-Wan ANH)

Just wondering if there's been a decent release of Obi-Wan ANH with articulated knees.

I've lost track of how many have been released recently (last couple of years), I just thought it would be easier to ask than spend hours trawling through picture archives. Here and other places.

So help please.

None, not a single Ep 4 Obi-Wan has had knee articulation - nice, huh? In fact, I think Ep 3 Obi-Wan figures are the only Obi-Wans to have articulated knees.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow I was sure the VOTC Obi had knee joints but no. It makes me sad.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Not even the VOTC version? Wow that sucks. Oh well he'll just have to be absent from the cantina until one comes out with knees.

Seeing as he's a geriatric old man in the movie he probably couldn't even bend his knees in real life so why would you want an EU ANH Obers with bendy knees?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

LOL your always good for a laugh!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

so - he - can - sit - down. In - a - cantina - booth. with - luke - han - and - chewie. or - in - the - millenium - falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    so - he - can - sit - down. In - a - cantina - booth. with - luke - han - and - chewie. or - in - the - millenium - falcon.
    Ohhhhh, burrrrrrrrn! u got me good.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

well being honest, what was the point of giving a figure of old Obi soft goods robes and then unarticulated legs? using POTJ Old Obi and shoving a cloak on him from the Geonosis acessory pack does the same thing with the advantage of more accurate looking inner robes.
    Besides, they gave ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan articulated knees and they're never seen sitting, so what's the dealio with Old Ben who seems to be forever parking his aged butt on a seat but gets no joy in the knees department? makes no sense.
    No doubt when they do give Obi his articulatd knees it'll be underneath a plastic robe which is under a plastic cloak.
    They've been making these figures for years, surely they have enough research done to know which figures need articulation and which don't. Or am I crediting them with more intelligence than is actually there?

Hasbro is a bit slow on the Kenobi thing, the guy's an action hero in the prequels and is often seen sitting down even as a ghost in the OT (in his hut, in the cantina, in the Falcon cockpit, in the Falcon hold, and on the Dagobah log), but they can barely get him away from a hard plastic split-side robe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.