Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: October Hauls

Battlestar Galactica season 2.5
    dirt devil vacuum cleaner
    Marcedes Lewis autograph card from ebay

My Wal Mart put out the "X-Men: The Last Stand" DVD early, so I picked that up. They had just set up the display as I got there.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Marcedes Lewis autograph card from ebay
    Nice...care to scan it for us??

Today I picked up the following:

4 packs of upper deck football (scored a Vince Young star rookie limited)
    X-Men last stand dvd
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I received all of Mezco's Attack of the Living Dead figures today. Got both strains (pale and color) versions of each figure, Earl, Jake and Hellen for a total of 6 figs. Each figure strain came with a different head variant too, which is what I was wanting. These things are pretty twisted. Me likey.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I got Obi-Wans electronic Saber tonight at WM for 5 bucks on clearance. IT came with the bonus DVD of CW cartoons and lightsaber action moves. Anybody watch that yet?

Isobars&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Heels, i haven't received the Lewis Topps Chrome auto yet. the day i posted was the day that i won it.

from hasbrotoyshop, i just ordered (thanks to the 25% off + free shipping code, i saved quite a lot! )

• Artoo Potato
    • TF Classics Rodimus
    • TF Classics Bumblebee

TF:Classics Starscream
    TF:Classics Bumblebee
    TF:Classics Rodimus
    TF:Classics Optimus Prime

I don't have time to post thoughts, but they're all pretty cool to varying degrees. They were 30% overpriced at Fry's so I didn't buy the ones I wasn't sure of, I passed on Astrotrain and Megatron.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Norton Anti Virus upgrade.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

TF:Classics Bumblebee - Decent, seems a little overscaled in vehicle mode and wave crusher is way too small for the driver of that vehicle, rubsign isn't applied straight (not exactly a big shocker) and doesn't fit in the back. Vehicle is pretty sporty. Coloring could be better, the bold yellow and pearly white plastic fades the sculpted details. Transformation is decent. Bot mode is better than I expected, the shell back and chest do a decent job of hiding the gaps so he looks pretty complete. He's fairly solid too. Head sculpt is tons of character but could use more techy details, and his eyes are cast in light blue translucent plastic but not lightpiped so they look yellow from the paint behind them when you shine a light back there. I wish the thigh armor didn't get in the way of the shin armor though. Wave crusher backpack is decent. All in all, likable despite not being a VW.

TF:Classics Starscream - Looks great from above, very solid homage to G1, but is actually thicker and blockier from the side and beneath than the original which isn't so good for a jet (looks like CY Thundercracker's alt mode is still the tops). I hate seeing the robot torso on the bottom of the jet, and the empty collar could at least have rotated in or something. Milky silver plastic looks awful up close, details det demolished, especially his face. Transformation is decent, satisfying even. Bot mode is alright but a bit blocky. Pose options are limited unfortunately. Head sculpt is good but face is lost in milky silver plastic. His head can turn enough - maybe 30 degrees either way - even though the nose of the plane hangs off the back. Guns fit in shoulders but posing requires moving the wings, guns also fit in fists. All in all, not quite good enough, but close.

TF:Classics Rodimus - Great vehicle mode but designed with tolerances too tight to reproduce in regular production, so doors and pipes don't QUITE line up in the tiniest last little bit which is frustrating. Vehicle seems a bit small compared to Cybertron $10 vehicles, same body length & width but shorter. The jet engine in the back is cool and the blue flame missile works way better than on Cybertron Crosswise. You can flip the panel over to use the jet gun in vehicle mode, it looks less silly if you rotate the spoiler halves back. Transformation feels more cheaty than it actually is; love the widening chest thing; don't forget to slide the waist forward (I do nearly every time). Bot is decent, again seems a little small for a $10 but is the right height, he's just built to a little finer level, less chunky and more refined - uses a smaller-than-normal peg size for the fists which aren't as big as most. There's sculpted detail everywhere, even places that are hidden in both modes, looks great. Poseability is ok but could be better, the ball-jointed shoulders don't make up for true universal-jointed shoulders in part because the ball-joints are limited in an odd way. The elbows are just hinges, but the hips and knees are universal joints at least. The detail is pretty smooth, it's a great look and the paint does its job well. The head is a little too mature for Hot Rod, but he's not a geezer either, it looks good; the dark blue light-piped eyes are a bit hard to get going, but with the right light look tremendous. All in all, Rodimus is pretty darn nifty with clever transformation ideas and great design.

TF:Classics Optimus Prime - This is clearly a toy sized at the old $15 pricepoint, but be that as it may, Prime rocks hard for what he is, and paint is good all around (although the yellow on his forearms doesn't quite do it for me). Vehicle mode is a fantastic cab-over update, looks very modern without being a conventional semi a la Laser Prime. Classics Prime's truck mode looks pretty good with the vane on and if you rotate his head around (they pack him with his head face-up) he looks even more Prime without the vane or pipes. Speaking of, the pipes aren't that great as pipes but they're alright with the vane balancing the height. The vane can be transformed into rifle mode and attached to the top of the truck, but the pipes gun can't be used here. Transformation is pretty nice and satisfying if a tad kibbly. Bot mode is slick with a lean, heroic build and plenty of sculpted detail. The boots are a bit bulky and long, The only kibble is the front wheels & bumper hanging off the back and the fenders & doors of the truck as shell pieces on the forearms. Prime's head is good, but I don't get why his faceplate is in 2 pieces, and his lightpiping is dark like Rodimus'. Articulation is very good, lacking only rotating wrists, rotating mid-thighs, and up & down motion on the neck. Vane weapon is alright, nothing spectacular and I would have liked to see the sight painted in, it's more of a long-range rifle than a primary weapon. The pipes weapon has a nifty tranformation and its hinge is pinned to one side but uses bumps for the other, so I believe it's designed to be separated as 2 guns - the peg halves fit in his fists nicely, but the pistol halves are hollow on the inside; combined, the gun is badass. I wish the forearm kibble was removable and could combine to make a shield. All in all, he's got a lot going for him and I like him quite a bit, he has a lot of character in both modes really, but he is small at $20 so take that into consideration.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Leia on Speeder and MAce JSF Titanium

Isobars &
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten