Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teaching my son to drive.....

My son hit that age I have long dreaded (like since he turned 2). He is 15, and just finished the classroom portion of Drivers Education. Now here in Illinois, parents have to take there kids out for 50 hours of behind the wheel. I'm a nervous wreck, and I sense my hair is getting grayer by the minute. We went out and did our first hour of "behind the wheel" training, and I lived through it with my stomach in my throat. 49 hours left.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

You'll be fine Frett. I remember when I had to do that carp and I got through it fine like. Just have faith in him and don't show you're nervous or else he'll start getting nervous.

That doesn't mean you can't use your imaginary brake though.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

nice, good luck, I started teaching mine at 2 while sitting on my lap. so when I get there mine don't fall out, as it is already pretty gray
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

The same thing had to be done when my dad taught me,so many hours and such.I would say the best thing to do is drive your son to a subdivison(preferably one still in development) and let him practice there. Seemed to help me alot with the basics.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Instigator View Post
    nice, good luck, I started teaching mine at 2 while sitting on my lap. so when I get there mine don't fall out, as it is already pretty gray
    wasn't that the excuse the britster was using having her tot on her lap rather than in his car seat?

I had to do this last year. The first few times were terrible but of course I got much better; your kid will too, unless he really sucks.

This morning he drove to school. He did fairly well, but we took side streets there. I felt a little more comforatable today then I did the first two times I took him out.

*phew*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I had to do this last year. The first few times were terrible but of course I got much better; your kid will too, unless he really sucks.
    That must be a crack at my expense.

I remember my first trip out. I went into a ditch, nearly took out two stop signs and some walking civilians, couldn't keep the blasted car from swerving in between lanes while going straight, oversteered and understeered into on coming traffic, and I sort of almost hit a *cough* house *cough*...specifically my own house...while trying to park. Seems like only yesterday...just being April 2006 since that fateful day.

Perhaps you can teach me bobafrett. No one living with me is all that enthusiastic with completing my training and those temps expire in just a few months.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Oh dear, you sound worse than my son. I have to take him out again this afternoon, and we will be going along side streets.

No Thanks Lord Malakite, one student and one Master!