Hybrid View

This really makes me wonder about Clapton....

From Yahoo! News:

Eric Clapton rethinks playing 'Cocaine'

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Eric Clapton is playing "Cocaine" in concert again. The recovering drug addict and alcoholic, who founded the Crossroads Centre addiction recovery center on the Caribbean island of Antigua, stopped performing the song written by J.J. Cale when he first got sober.

"I thought that it might be giving the wrong message to people who were in the same boat as me," Clapton recently told The Associated Press.

"But further investigation proved ... the song, if anything, if it's not even ambivalent, it's an anti-drug song. And so I thought that might be a better way to do it, to approach it from a more positive point of view. And carry on performing it as not a pro-drug song, but just as a reality check about what it does."
    So, are you meaning to tell me this guy has been performing a song for 30 years and only recently paid attention to the lyrics? And even then, it takes "further investigation"?

Slowhand, you may be one of the coolest guitar slingers to ever live, but that makes me worry about you.

Then again, maybe you'll realize in another 30 years that most of your recent albums have been hella weak.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I still think he pushed his kid. &
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I still think he pushed his kid. &

Uncalled for. Go stand in a corner for 5 minutes as I am giving you a time out for that statement.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

More importantly, he should've just realized that Cocaine is a much worse version of Sunshine of Your Love.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram