Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Then why not have Hayden Christensen show up at the end of TPM? or Qui Gon and Mace Windu show up in spirit in the OT? Not only is it two separate trilogies, it is six individual films. Having some cracker farmboy show up in the finale is silly.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Then why not have Hayden Christensen show up at the end of TPM? or Qui Gon and Mace Windu show up in spirit in the OT? Not only is it two separate trilogies, it is six individual films. Having some cracker farmboy show up in the finale is silly.
    Cause in EP1 Anakin was ,not 19! Qui-Gon and Mace didn't know the way to do it, Yoda taught Obi-Wan and that

Its just one long story in 6 parts
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Its just a way to unify the two trilogies... , plus they dont have to shoot Mark Hamil again, that scene already exists (Luke watching the capture of the Tantive IV), anyway...in the future GL will have to decide on this idea, but as GNT said, he has to know of it first.
    As always...........L

Originally posted by GNT

Cause in EP1 Anakin was ,not 19! Qui-Gon and Mace didn't know the way to do it, Yoda taught Obi-Wan and that

Its just one long story in 6 parts
    Luke wasn't 20 something at the end of Episode III.

How do you know Mace doesn't know how to do it? He IS the head Jedi, after all.
    [size=-2][color=darkblue]Let's consider our world not as inherited from our parents but as borrowed from our children[/color] -- [i]Unknown Kenyan[/i][/size]

Originally posted by Utinni
    How do you know Mace doesn't know how to do it? He IS the head Jedi, after all.
    He maybe the head of the council but he can't do everything that he wants to do Plus Yoda only knows how to do it
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

getting back to the point, Mr. Lucas based these movies on the serials of the nineteen thirties. he could feasibly tag onto the end of each a small montage of what is coming in the next chapter the way that some of those serials did. it isn't as far fetched as some of you seem to think it is.

I don't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure that for the original theatrical releases of the OT they planned on adding some kind of caption cards announcing the next movie. Maybe it's in one of the original drafts of ANH. Anyway it's a short step from caption cards to a montage of forthcoming attractions in the following episode. Perhaps something similar to the Breathing trailer for Episode two? It's an interesting notion to say the least.

getting back to the point, Mr. Lucas based these movies on the serials of the nineteen thirties. he could feasibly tag onto the end of each a small montage of what is coming in the next chapter the way that some of those serials did. it isn't as far fetched as some of you seem to think it is.
    O ho! The Rubber Cat noticed Peter Jackson has done this very thing on the end of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. A four minute "trailer" of what to expect in The Two Towers. But I think there is a difference between ending Episode III with Luke, and showing a montage of Episode IV with Luke in it. A more appropriate ending for Episode III is Obi Wan Kenobi walking off into the sunset. Sunsets are classic iconical images of closure and this is the end of the Star Wars Saga. Hoo hah!

He maybe the head of the council but he can't do everything that he wants to do. Plus Yoda is the only one whoknows how to do it.

The Rubber Cat would like GNT to explain exactly how he knows what Mace Windu is and is not capable of? Knowledge of all things Star Wars is what I crave. And ca12. tnip.

Originally posted by The Rubber Cat
    The Rubber Cat noticed Peter Jackson has done this very thing on the end of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. A four minute "trailer" of what to expect in The Two Towers.
    When the Star Wars films were first shown on Sky Premier in the UK, after each film they showed a trailer for then next film, which would be shown next week. It was like the Lord of the Rings thing and it made my mouth water for the next film, even though I'd already seen it. I think putting a trailer for then next film after each one would be an interesting idea and could work if done properly.

PENDO!

No, I don't think it'll happen. I too think that the last shot of Ep3 will be of Ben walking off into the Jundland Wastes. It could include a crazy pull back to space showing Tatooine just as it appeared in the pan-down after the scroll at the beginning of Ep4, but I wouldn't count on it.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

JEDIpartnr,
    Thanks!! beautiful babe,cut print and get it in the can!!
    Great idea.If they would show Obi wan walking into the Tatooine sunset,Pan(?) up to the sky and pan right back down to the already filmed scene of Luke looking at the Star destoyer and the Tantive 5,that would be cool.And for the record ,I'd like to see Mace,Qui gon and any other prominent jedi we've yet to see(if any) included in the Spirit scene at the end of ROTJ.But hey Thats just me.I'd like to see all six films all tied together as one really long film.That's how alot of us will watch them on rainy cold weekends any way.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.