Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    my theory on why the jedi disappear or not depends on destiny, fate, and acceptance. obi-wan lifted his saber, not fightning his fate, yoda already states that luke requires no more training and then vanishes, whereas qui-gon has altered his fate by planning to take anakin as a new padawan, and not fulfilling this new fate before his demise, he doesn't vanish. now, before anyone posts "yeah, but obi-wan is training luke..." he never says "i will train you" he just says "you must learn the ways of the force..." and intends to direct him to yoda, which he does. we also don't know if anakin vanishes in jedi, as all we see on the pyre is the armor, and most likely all the mechanical body parts.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

okay, so that's off the subject, but no, i don't think he will bridge the trilogies, because that's an awful amount of time lapse btwn the end of episode 2 and the beginning of 4, (at least 15 years as opposed to the 10 between 1 and 2) plus he didn't really bridge any of the other movies together... i don't think it's necessary.

This dips into a question I have about how Lucas is going to handle this, but do you think Luke and Leia will have been born by the end of the episode?

The reason I ask is because one of the big problems I've had with going to tell the story of the prequels is that it kind of ruins the surprises of the OT. That is, unless George decides to shroud them in mystery, somehow. Like, if our last shot of Padme she's still pregnant and we don't know she's going to have twins.

Or, more importantly to me, anyway, we think that Anakin is dead at the end of Episode III and we don't know it's him behind the Darth Vader mask.

But anyway, my point is I hope we don't see an infant Luke and Leia. That would suck hard.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

aside from that, i feel that keeping the secrets of OT intact will lead to a very weak plot for ep III, i mean, to not show anakin become vader? what about the jedi purge? if that's not in it, then i don't know what is... and i don't (except for the ending, thank you very much...) and i don't want to know. anyway, no one can spoil the secrets for you, you already know them. if you want to make sure everyone you know is surprised by the secrets of OT, then make sure they watch them in order of production.

i do feel the only secret that can be maintained is the secret of leia as luke's sister, vader's daughter. there is no story telling need to show both children. i actually think this would be great. if you try to maintain the secret of luke/vader, you will have to digitally change his last name in the scene where he introduces himself to leia:

"i'm luke skywalker, i'm here to rescue you..." is a lot less of a dramatic revelation than "luke, i am your father..." no?

Weak! The guys face is concealed behind a mask and his voice is completely different. It is a simple matter of allusion vs. blantant (and I believe unnecessary) confirmation.
    ubi mel ibi apes

darthvyn, I'm still curious about the scene that's been confirmed. Where did you hear about this?

And Jedi Clint, I think I'm willing to go along with that. Although, Lucas MIGHT have Anakin slide into the suit...who knows.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Sorry Chaddymac. This topic has been edited to remove spoiler material. If you want to learn about the scene that was discussed, you will have to search the E3 spoilers forum.
    ubi mel ibi apes

i'm not saying we're going to see him put on the whole suit, but i do think that to skip over the darkest moments of anakin's life just to keep it a secret that he's luke's father is poor story telling.

and thank you for editing... at least others won't have stuff spoiled for them... i enjoy speculating, not spoiling.

I only have one question. Do you really think there is anyone at all who likes science fiction and has any interest in Star Wars at all that doesn't know that Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker and is the father of Luke Skywalker? Heck, you don't even have to like the movies or have even watched them at all to know it, seeing as its been talked about on all of the interview shows and news stories about both Ep1 and Ep2. A 20 year old secret that is known by thousands isn't a secret. GL has even called Anakin the father of Luke and Leia in interviews. I really don't think he will go out of his way to preserve the surprise of ESB. He will probably try to do more to tie the movies together and shots of the children will probably be part of that. There is also talk that in the "Archive" editions GL will add references to the PT into the OT to create allow for better continuity. All of this is speculation on my part (just as your posts are speculation as well). None of us will know for sure until first Ep3 is released and then finally when the "Archive" editions are released on DVD.
    Which is more foollish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

These films are for future generations to enjoy as well. After 3 is out, the talk will die down. My friend just had his 8 year old watch TESB for his first time and it blew him away that Anakin from TPM was Darth Vader. He didn't even believe Vader. He asked his dad (my friend) if Vader was telling Luke the truth. People act like it will be difficult to make 3 without confirming Vader's identity. That just isn't the case.
    ubi mel ibi apes