Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ROTJ Stormtrooper Smilie face?

This may be totally bogus nonsense but...

Years (and years) ago, I remember hearing/reading a few times that somewhere in Return of the Jedi, there is a smilie face painted on a Stormtrooper's helmet.
    IIRC, it was suppossed to be in the opening Death Star Docking Bay scene, but I'm not 100% certain.

Anyone else ever hear this, find it, or discover that it simple isn't there?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I sure have heard of it, but I don't have a big anough TV OR the widescreen editions, so I can't say as I've even tried to locate it, but the rumour/fact is indeed out there Isobars&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Sounds like a clever plot to get people to buy widescreen editions and large tv's.

That explains why Wal-Mart always reminds me of the Death Star. The door greeters secretly wear Stormtrooper uniforms!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    That explains why Wal-Mart always reminds me of the Death Star. The door greeters secretly wear Stormtrooper uniforms!
    That's right! Got something to say to your Wal-Mart greeters?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wal-mart trooper.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	14631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wal-Mart arrest.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	14632  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Wow. The greeters at the WM's I go to are always old people who are either asleep or shining their shoes. Or the one homicidally cheerful old lady, who I know killed a few cashiers and has them stashed in her trunk.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

My greeters sometimes talk to me longer than they should. Y'know, when you're walking away and trying to end the conversation, but they keep going. Damn old people.

Every WM should have stormtrooper greeters, though, that would rule.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    This may be totally bogus nonsense but...

Years (and years) ago, I remember hearing/reading a few times that somewhere in Return of the Jedi, there is a smilie face painted on a Stormtrooper's helmet.
    IIRC, it was suppossed to be in the opening Death Star Docking Bay scene, but I'm not 100% certain.

Anyone else ever hear this, find it, or discover that it simple isn't there?
    I can verify that this is true, as I have seen it with my own eyes! Gather 'round, children, and let Unca Bel-Cam spin ya a yarn... [Forumites sit cross-legged in semi circle]

Well, it all happened over ten years ago, that's a decade in today's speakin', when I traveled by aeroplane to place called Sanf Ransico, kinda near where Skywalker Ranch is located [Forumites "ooh" and "aah" ]. Well, there was a travellin' show that had a whole buncha Star Wars memerubilia, like costumes an' props an' artwork an' lots o' lots o' others.

They were close, like you could touch 'em, 'cept they wouldn't let ya. No sirree! Anyways, there's this section where concept art and matte paintings was on the walls, with brief descriptions next to each. There's this matte paintin' of a mess o' Stormtroopers an' Biker Scouts an' common Imps, with an unpainted part where the live action would take place. Only the first 6 rows of troops or so were painted in detail; the back rows were just quick bruch strokes meant to look like they's people. It said that if you looked up at the left side, you'd see a white circle with eyes and a smilin' mouth. I done what the sign tol' me, and lo and behold... I saw it! It was there! [Forumites in state of near ecstacy or nirvana now]

Now, I doubt even with your new-fangled slo-mo and freeze frame that you'd be eble to catch a glimpse of the face, but as sure as this story was boring to read, I can gay-ron-tee that's it'sa there. [Bel-Cam rocks back, realizes he was never in a rocking chair, and falls to his backside. Forumites laugh and giggle, then throw rocks and rotten fruit at him]

Darn kids!

But I did see it. It's maybe 1" in diameter. I'll try to find my photograph of it and scan it later.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I can't even see it on my actual photograph, and I only know it exists because I know where it should be when I saw it in person. Here's the pic, and the smiley is in the upper left corner...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWSmileyTroops+2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	14643  
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega