Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Voting for inclusion in the 2007 Greatest Hits line . . .

. . . it's happening, but only to members of the RS forums. I won't even link over there but it's worth a look; apparently the old figures that get high votes will be included in the line next year. It's cool but at the same time unfair that only RS people get to do it . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I bet it has somehting to do with old Dusty being the pres.

Isobars&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Just reg and vote. It's OK to leave SSG.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Well that does seem rather unfair. I remember a time (a long time ago...) when Star Wars fans were a community of kindred spirits who shared a universal passion and love but it seems that within the last few years it has deteriorated into a haven of rampant selfishness catering to individuals who think Star Wars is THEIRS and shouldn't be shared with anyone else. I'm sorry but this just totally alienates me as a fan. When exclusives and membership only priveleges are being pimped out to get everyone else to jump onboard with the franchise marketing gameplan, I find myself increasingly suffering from franchise-fatigue and apathy. More and more I'm beginning to look the other way when exclusive merchandise is being pimped out in my face (READ: Endor Troopers) to endless rehashes of the same stuff we already own in a desperate effort to get us to buy it all over again. I've already abandoned the Fan Club but it's the cool fans that still share their infectuous enthusiasm and passion that sustain whatever desire I still have left in a franchise that needs to be put to bed.

LOL it's not the end of the world. Just got over there and vote if you want to. I can see complaining about Hyperspace because it's pretty useless and you have to pay, but RS is free. With an attitude like that why do you even collect?
    (Like my posts)

Well that's what you get when you have a site that constantly sucks on the brown stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Just reg and vote. It's OK to leave SSG.
    But use protection. No telling what one may catch...just like when IT is free.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

It=box????
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    It=box????
    The IT your parents warned you about and that you dread your children asking about...

Course, if RS is a cross section of the starwars community as a whole, hopefully they'll do it right and vote for figs that most of us would want like VOTC Stormtroopers, SA Clones, Astromechs, decent sculpted aliens like the last 2 years of cantina singles...
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    The IT your parents warned you about and that you dread your children asking about...

pretty much the same thing
    (Like my posts)