Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Breakfast Club

I usually love watching this movie, but having just viewed Summer School before I watched TBC, I didn't enjoy TBC as much as I usually do.

The panty-shot of Molly Ringwald ("Claire") is a great moment in movie history however. "But screws fall out. It's an imperfect world."

Still I'm glad I own a copy of The Breakfast Club - it does rank in the Top 20 or higher of all the "high school comedy movies."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

breakfast club was much better when it was newer. it's still a good movie, but seems a bit more dated to me.

i see you've finished your run of war movies and moved on to high school flicks. hope you include better off dead in your run.

I never heard of Better Off Dead. I'll have to look it up. Thanks for your suggestion.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088794/

Hmmm. I'm not a big fan of John Cusak. I'm sort of neutral there. I'm not sure if he's been in any movies I liked a lot.

Yeah, as far as war movies go, I'm kind of done. I covered everything through Vietnam and the '70s. The high school movies are a lot of '80's stuff.

It'll be '90's time when I get to the Gulf War and our present situation. Many of us know how I feel about that, so it's a good break to enjoy these high school comedy flicks.

However, as you'll see from a new post I'll be making shortly - I've actually taken as much enjoyment from high school comedy flicks as I'm about to, and I've looked towards "the war on drugs" for the source of more of my '80's / '90's entertainment (with a planned pause to watch as much of the Miami Vice series as I can possibly buy - don't know if Season 3 is out yet).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

"You would be wise to do what mother says, Lane Meyer!"

I never really cared much for the Breakfast Club. zzzzz. I dislike it because it feels like I'm in detention, too.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Breakfast Club was good, but it's not a "comedy" and so there are comedic parts that feel shoehorned and there are dramatic parts that feel overraught. Ally Sheedy sorta drags the movie down for me, Judd Nelson, Emilio Estevez, and Molly Ringwald do good work but it's almost par for the course at that point, Anthony Michael Hall really delivers a solid piece of acting in this one though.

To me, this movie overshadowed Weird Science and it's a shame because that film is more entertaining.

Better Off Dead is great, way funny and clever. One Crazy Summer (also Cusak and Savage Steve) isn't as tight but still funny.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Whats that paper boy say on his bike through the whole movie? Two Dollars? I'm talking about Better Off Dead.

The BC was cool and it's fun to watch on a rainy day.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

John Cusak rocks the sh** in Say Anything, probably my favorite "80s" movie...

how can you not be a cusack fan - 16 candles, say anything, better off dead, high fidelity, grosse pointe blank, con air, even identity - the guys been in some great flicks.

I've only seen 2 of those movies:

Con Air - I wasn't aware of which character he played. I focused on Nick Cage who I actually liked in that movie (and I'm not normally a Nick Cage fan at all).

Grosse Point Blank - I saw this on a date with a girl I was way too busy with to pay any attention to the movie. She picked that one out as a matter of fact. I could have cared less. I barely registered a movie was playing at all during that flick.

Oh, I never saw 16 Candles but I know Molly Ringwald is in that one. Do you see any "interesting" shots of her, like THAT ONE of her in Breakfast Club?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Breakfast Club was good, but it's not a "comedy" and so there are comedic parts that feel shoehorned and there are dramatic parts that feel overraught. Ally Sheedy sorta drags the movie down for me, Judd Nelson, Emilio Estevez, and Molly Ringwald do good work but it's almost par for the course at that point, Anthony Michael Hall really delivers a solid piece of acting in this one though.

To me, this movie overshadowed Weird Science and it's a shame because that film is more entertaining.

Better Off Dead is great, way funny and clever. One Crazy Summer (also Cusak and Savage Steve) isn't as tight but still funny.
    Try Watching the TV Version of Breakfast club - it has certain words dubbed out for tv and replaced with censor approved words. That version is completely comedic.