Thread: Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon

Due to changing priorities, I've decided to sell my 1998 Flash Gordon DVD from image entertainment. The disc goes pretty high on ebay, and I need the money. But before I got rid of it, I decided to give it a spin in the player one last time!

Man, what an awesomely bizarre movie! It works for kids because it has a simple space opera plot yet also for adults who can appreciate a cheesy romp. The casting is great as well from top to bottom. I love Vultan, Flash, Ming, Clytus, and especially Princess Aura. Tim Dalton is the only guy playing it totally straight, as he is always keen to do.

I remember being grossed out by it as a kid, loving the colorful art deco sets and ships, and thinking the soundtrack by Queen was the coolest ever. Everybody always cites this as a bad movie, but one they absolutely love. Snakes on a Plane must have been trying to be what Flash Gordon became 20years on.

Long Live Flash!!!!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

A great movie! I will always have a special place in my heart for this flick. I wouldn't worry too much about selling it. Eventually they will rerelease this on DVD again.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Every time it airs on TV, I have to watch it.

With all the garbage they put on DVD, why isn't this film available? I understand why you are selling it. Amazon has it starting at $55 used and goes up from there.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

You should at least make a copy of it for yourself before selling it.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller View Post
    You should at least make a copy of it for yourself before selling it.
    Of course I did. Being that it wasn't an outstanding edition, I won't lose much in the transfer.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by dindae View Post
    Eventually they will rerelease this on DVD again.
    On August 7th, He'll Save Every One of Us!