Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    I just watched the Phil Collins episode. That one was fun!

It wasn't a comedy, but it had humor (with Izzy decorating and everything - Crockett getting his butt beat-up while Rico planted the bug in the dealer's car, and Stan on that game show).

And it had action and danger to it.

I've bought a few TV series on DVD, but Miami Vice is high on my list, if not the top one, that I recall gaining this much entertainment from.

I loved this show and I hope (but don't recall) that Phil Collins' character comes back (as he got away in a Lamborghini - nice class).

I also recollect that Izzy eventually gets killed, unfortunately, but nevertheless realistically. Not sure if I remember that one right or not though.

It was funny seeing how Castillo wasn't the least bit surprised that Stan ditched work to be on a game show. Haha.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Nope, Phil doesn't come back. As for Izzy, you might be thinking of Martin Ferraro's character Trini DeSoto from Prodigal Son (if I recall or maybe it was the Pilot) who got killed but not Izzy. Stan has lots of gambling debts that will get him into trouble in season 5.

I just saw Ted Nugent in a wild 2-plot episode with a very, very hot foreign girl that seduced Sonny. Now that was Miami Vice in style!

It looks like Larry covered him or Sonny might've ended up burried out there in the dunes.

The witness killing her own brother who she thought was going to assasinate her was a surprise twist, but she was right - as the shooter shot her down next. I wonder why though? There were all the cops around and the killer's employer was already dead. What was the point of drawing attention to himself? We never found out (or if they caught him - but predictably they did).

A very "Miami" Miami Vice episode. Nice.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sonny survived getting buried in the dunes but not his Daytona. That location will be the graveyard for it in season 3!

I liked the Testarosa much, much better, but the Daytona is lower-key and better for police work, I'd think. You can see that Testarosa coming from miles away!

I just watched the first time I ever saw the boys sanction a circumspect arrest.

It was the episode where Sonny's latest emerging girlfriend died from swallowing sample packs of cocaine to smuggle them out of Columbia.

They were trying to pin a dealer who was too slick to be caught.

His associated killed the brother of Sonny's girl with this guy (Glide's) gun. No, he didn't pull the trigger, but Castillo was going to allow Sonny and Rico to send him before a jury like he did. I don't know if they'd convict a guy on circumstancial evidence like that though. But I guess he was using that gun during the final shoot out, so his prints were on it and ballistics will match up with the bullet that killed the brother. So I don't know. Maybe that will be enough?

It was awesome when Sonny and Rico dived under the closing boat dock door just as the whole thing blew up! - and cool how they dealt with a mark figuring them out to be cops.

Good episode. Not the best, but definitely memorable.

Yeah, that Sonny, he knows how to pick 'em! This one reminded me of a season 3 episode with Helena Bonham Carter who plays Sonny's junkie girlfriend Theresa working as a hospital nurse. That one was tragic because Sonny really loved her and he was about to pop the big question to her and she went into seizures from some bad smack. I'm surprised they didn't have flashbacks to that episode since it would have been a painful reminder of the girl he was dating and picking her up from the airport and then finding her having seizures in the bathroom from a ruptured coke balloon and dies. I really feel for Sonny. He has the worst luck. No wonder he's always brooding. He lost Caroline, Theresa, Caitlin... too many to list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I liked the Testarosa much, much better, but the Daytona is lower-key and better for police work, I'd think. You can see that Testarosa coming from miles away!
    That reminds me of the episode Rising Son of Death. Sonny and Rico get into a shootout with some Asian drug dealers and they are using the Testarossa for cover while these thugs shoot at them with automatic weapons. Sonny, the military sharpshooter that he is, takes them all out with his .45 then checks out his car and says with absolutely amazement "I don't believe it... not a scratch!" Yeah, that's a pretty amazing car alright!

I notice that they are real careful with their cars on that show. It did appear that in the sand-dunes murders episode, they destroyed a Porshe - but they are infinitely cheaper than Ferraris or Lamborghinis. Even if the sports cars were donated to the show to give the manutacturers higher visibility, I doubt they'd donate seconds and thirds just so that Michael Mann can blow them up. Hehe.

MM: "Hey, thanks for the Ferrari. We had a lot of fun testing North Korea's nuclear weapons on it. It came apart beautifully and in so many pieces. Can we have another one?"

Now it's disgusting and I think I can answer the question for myself, but if someone was smuggling cocaine samples in balloons that they swallowed, does that mean (I'm being super-polite here) that they get them out of their body in the bathroom? If so, that is just totally disgusting! And I don't like Sonny's girlfriend if she was willing to do that. A BMW is the lamest excuse, too. Especially one she could get for $5-6,000. That was 1985, right? What was this car? A 1965 BMW with 200,000mi? They could have tested the missles on that thing!

I'm watching an episode now that actually bored me, kind of. Maybe I was tired, but it's got to be the first show I didn't really like: a guy shoots a judge and two of his daughter's bridesmaids at a wedding. He appears to be a crazy French guy from an Atlantic drug trading ring and Sonny doesn't like the family cartell's defense attorney who's being threatened into serving them. The guest stars aren't so hot (to me) and it's a yawn of an episode. I didn't finish watching it last night - actually slept good though - but I may start it over today when I'm feeling like watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I notice that they are real careful with their cars on that show. It did appear that in the sand-dunes murders episode, they destroyed a Porshe - but they are infinitely cheaper than Ferraris or Lamborghinis. Even if the sports cars were donated to the show to give the manutacturers higher visibility, I doubt they'd donate seconds and thirds just so that Michael Mann can blow them up. Hehe.

Oh yeah?