Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I just watched "Little Miss Dangerous," when Rico falls for a very young prostitute that's secretly the Crayon Killer (who's difficult past makes her kill her johns and leave artwork done by crayon behind her in the fire).

She was very hot, too. Yeah, I know Rico wasn't trying to have an affair with her, but you could see he was tempted. The ending surprised me. The look into the underground sex scene was tantilizing. The aspect of a girl so in over her head with that life that she wouldn't do anything to change it was very real.

I've seen that actress in Star Trek: The Next Generation before I think. She was older when she did Star Trek, but I think she played "Arielle," the rebel leader on a planet dominated by women that was also the location where refugees from an earth ship disaster took shelter, but upset the natural order of the planet's matriarchy. I'm not positive that was her though.

Whoever she was, her Miami Vice spot was tremendously sexy and played to all of us who in our hearts, are attracted to younger women. I just read an article about this being described as being common in American society.

The episode made you want Rico to hook up with her and take care of her. He was pushing the boundaries of what he could do as a cop. I'm surprised Castillo didn't come down on him more - but perhaps they cut that from the final show because they had a lot of plot to cover in a 1-hour episode. That one could have been a movie! It was very "Basic Instinct," but came out before B.I. I believe. Nicely done again, Mr. Mann!

Great acting on Phllip Michael Thomas' part, too. I think this could have been his best episode in recent memory for me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That ending to PIL's Order of Death ruled. The Crayon Killer was played by Fiona Flannagan, a pop singer. She's only acted on film and TV a few times and never did Star Trek. Rico is ALWAYS tempted as most men are attracted to younger women, not just in American society. It's a basic human instinct, which, by the way, Vice predated it by 5 or 6 years.

Well, don't you think Fionna Flannagan is one of the hottest girls to grace Miami Vice? She runs circles around Sharon Stone, that's for sure! Stone needed that trick in the white dress to get people to pay attention to her!

I never heard of Fionna Flannagan's music career, however. They didn't use her songs on this particular show I gather? The Little Miss Dangerous song they did use, at least twice, as the theme to this episode, just fit perfectly!

How rare is it that we can rave about an 80's TV show for nearly 100 posts like it was just being aired for the first time yesterday?

There's more to say about Miami Vice than people have to say about many of the modern shows being discussed as of lately.

Vice was way far ahead of its time.

[EDIT: (I'm adding) - I was pretty indifferent to the race car driver / prostitute assault case. It was very predictable and needed a "Days of Thunder" style soundtrack for it for the actual race (Daytona 500? or something similar? I don't follow auto racing). But yeah, I'd guessed it was the father early on. I'm not sure why, because I don't recollect seeing the episode before. But ah, well.]
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I liked "French Twist" with the French woman InterPol officer and the morphine-trafficker / killer. A lot of suspense and intrigue in that one, plus Elvis got a lot of screen time eating fish, LOL.

But it was a suspenseful episode that was very well done. I love Sonny's kill shot from the bridge. Dang did it seem impossible that he'd save their plant in the deal when the guy was about to waste them. I couldn't tell how far away Sonny was from the guy, but he should have been killed at that range. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the episode.

Still I liked that one. Nice hotel room (that the girl was staying in).

I just watched the gambling Judge who was the NCAA Basketball star's dad. I didn't think I was going to like this episode, partly because of its topic. But as soon as it started I was hooked. Nicely done again!

The scenes at the dog and pony races were cool, too. So was the shoot-out and pursuit through the bird sanctuary.

A really good episode - again.

Sonny and Rico just kidnapped this too-cautious drug dealer Fuente off his cruise ship he lives on, and got out of a bad situation with their lives. They didn't have anything to hold Fuente on, so they made him jump overboard and swim (in his suit and shoes!) Haha.

It was a good episode for Sonny, who got set up for a fall because of a missing 3 million stolen from the drug dealer - actually by a corrupt DEA agent.

Woah! I just saw the episode where Calderone's son came back to take revenge on Tubbs and he kills his half-sister and half-nephew (Tubbs' infant son he never knew he had!) I had mistaken what happened to Sonny with what actually happens to Rico!

That was a powerful episode to conclude Season 2 with.

Now Rico has Calderone after him again and a whole mixed history with that family...

they kill his brother
    Sonny kills Calderone senior
    Rico impregnates his daughter
    Calderone's son kills his half-sister and child (Rico's son)
    the half-brother is now after Rico and visa-versa

And Sonny is suspected of having Senior Fuente's 3 million dollars and his organization knows Sonny's cover and that Burnette and Crockett are the same person!

It's all really heating up on Miami Vice and there's no word about the Season 3 DVDs yet!!! Dang it! It's so frustrating!

Just wait until Tubbs takes a little vacation in the Bahamas with his girlfriend...

It's High Noon in the Carribbean.

Yeah, but how am I going to see the rest of the series if they don't bring out some more seasons on DVD?!