Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    I started watching all my Shield DVDs and just realized that John Diehl (Larry Zito on Miami Vice) played Assistant Chief Gilroy for the entire first season!

Wow. And he was great in the role, too!

The Shield really showcased his acting ability.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

He'll always be Zito to me. Just wait until season 3...

I still remember him from a really bad low-budget 80's sci-fi flick with Kim Catrall and Robbie Benson called City Limits.

Diehl aged a lot between the younger man he was on Vice and Gilroy on The Shield. They are very different characters even in appearance to me.

Perhaps in Season 3 of Vice he had more to do, but he shined as Gilroy and had a LOT to do on The Shield!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Our own OC47150 has reported that Seasons 3 & 4 of Miami Vice will be released on DVD in March! Woo-hoo!

Finally some good news there!

I am finishing watching The Shield Season 4 now (with Glenn Close) and it is awesome. But I am so missing more Miami Vice. I might start to watch those DVDs over (seasons 1 & 2). I want # 3 & 4 now however, versus having to wait until MARCH! MARCH!!! WTF! Grrrrr.

There are times when you are just addicted to Miami Vice. I think I've got one of those times now when it's nearly 2 o'clock in the morning and I really feel like watching it if I could - right now!

I'm playing Crockett's theme on my MP3 player as well. Played "In The Air Tonight" just a few minutes ago as well.

OK, let me make this clear: I want to watch more Miami Vice!

Yes, Tycho. You belong to the city.

That's wonderful news. Can't wait for both seasons 3 and 4 at the same time! So much better than waiting a year and a half between seasons 1 and 2. Hopefully the last season will bereleased before the end of next year.

Season 3 & 4 are out! I haven't picked them up yet.

I'm watching my entire collection of Star Trek and just finished Enterprise and starting on TOS. It'll be a while that I'm lost in space.

The Shield and The A-Team Sn 5 are also on my list. I'm not sure what I'll go for first, but Miami Vice is definitely going to happen!

I haven't picked up the DVDs yet, but my friend just called me to tune into an episode they were showing on the Sleuth Channel. Michael Chiklis (The Shield's Vic Mackey) was guest starring as a villain on a 3rd or 4th Season episode of Miami Vice. We were marveling how so many rising stars / actors / musicians wanted guest roles on Miami Vice. That was one of the most powerful shows of the 80's.

Yes, truly amazing how Vice is the proverbial spawning pool of modern talent. There were 2 episodes with Viggo Mortensen. The first I didn't even recognize him. A very young Chris Rock is in one. A young Annette Benning in another. Stanley Tucci is in a couple and so is Ian McShane from Deadwood. Miami Vice is a veritable Who's Who.

Finished watching season 3 and am now into season 4. It's a groaner. The series really jumped the shark between "The Big Thaw" and "Missing Hours" and then Sheena Easton really drags the show down big-time but at least it all pays off at the end of the season but boy it really hurts to watch until then. They finally got themselves back on track but it was too late by then I'm afraid.

It sounds like Season 3 is ok, but you mean Season 4 is the groaner. Is that correct?

Was there a season 5 or 6?