Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Rumor about basic figure price hikes

A buddy of mine told me today that he went to both Wal-Mart AND Target and asked if there were figures in stock. BOTH places told him yes and they were not putting them out for sale until a soon-to-be-realized price hike is instituted. BOTH stores told him this. Then I saw a supporting article claiming that Target is upping the price to 7.64 for a basic figure. In fact (according to this article) some newly-opened Targets have already begun and there were photos of the shelf tags to go with it.

Kinda reminds me of the gasoline prices lately.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

$6.99 for a basic figure is the limit for me. If they up it to over $7.00, then I will be cutting back my SW purchases significantly.

well it's a wait and see. perhaps the price will be for an all new line of deluxe figures. here's hoping.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    well it's a wait and see. perhaps the price will be for an all new line of deluxe figures. here's hoping.
    I am hoping the photograph was a fake...but it clearly showed the price to be for basic figures.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

If you saw an article, get it posted please or link to it. Thank you.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The article is over at GH.
    plasticfetish.net

That's hilarious, hopefully they'll increase the size of the empty blister to justify the cost hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    That's hilarious, hopefully they'll increase the size of the empty blister to justify the cost hike.
    haha u r funy seezer!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

If the price goes over $7 I will be even more selective than before. Probably just clones and Imperial troopers.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Wow. $8 is too much for a SW figure, when I can get a Marvel Legend, Transformer Classic, DC "S3" Superhero, or some GIJoe Sigma Six figures for $1-2 more.

So wait until interest starts to wane to jack the prices up like that? Not a good idea. Why not keep the price the same and, oh, I don't know, TAKE OUT THE STUPID "FREEBIES" THAT NO ONE ****ING WANTS!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.