Angry Is it just me, or is the quality of the paint slipping?

The last wave or two of SW figures have, overall, had the worst paint applications I've seen on any action figures since McFarlane's "Total Chaos" waves of Spawn.

There were three white Endor Troopers at K-Mart today. Only one had passable paint. The others were absolutely wretched.

I've seen a total of four Endor Lukes. Not a one had even marginally acceptable paint application. Two of them had at least one eye halfway down their cheeks.

The Tatooine wave was pretty slapdash, too.

Hopefully this is a fluke, and not a sign of things to come.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have been noticing a buinch of carp paint jobs lately on figures. Also I dont kjnow if you saw the ornaments in target, but they are horrid, especially the Boba Fett in the five pack.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

i've not really noticed much of a worsening of quality in paint apps for figures.

however, on titanium vehicles i have been noticing it.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i've not really noticed much of a worsening of quality in paint apps for figures.

however, on titanium vehicles i have been noticing it.
    Me too. Heck, just the other day I had to pass on one of them five packs because they had totally forgotten to paint the middle vehicle...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

My last bunch of figures were from the Tatooine wave.. and the paint was quite nice on all of them.

It would be a real shame if it's been slipping.. because paint apps have been really nice for quite some time.

Paint has never been one of this line's strong selling points. It's always been kind of hit and miss. The human characters like Luke, Leia, Han, Padme, and Anakin have the most trouble. Chewie, too. The hair and eyes always seem to give the paint applicators trouble. Aliens like Greedo and Hammerhead seem to get by okay... even those with really detailed features, like Feltipern Trevagg.

Stormtroopers have issues, too; the black sometimes bleeds over onto the white armor.

Could be the kind of plastic or paint used, or both.