Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Ep2 8 Carded Figures Ebay Pics

What does everyone think about these carded pics from ebay of the 8 figures...

C-3P0 removable plating ??

Jango removable helmet ??

There are a couple that look kinda nice to me... I like the blue cards ??

Thoughts?

8 Carded figures
    Last edited by xboywonder; 01-31-2002 at 11:02 AM.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

8 carded AOTC figures

All right. Now that we have seen the 8 carded AOTC figures being auctioned on Ebay, what do you think? I am trying so hard not to just out and out bash every new figure, but it's tough. I mean, they couldn't even put out a decent new C-3PO. I think that take apart plating is lame. Anakin, Padme, and Obi Wan are atrocious. R2-D2 looks like pretty much a total re-sculpt. Kit Fisto looks pretty good, although I am so sick of that tentacles-out-of-the-head alien look. Jango looks OK, does anyone know if his helmet is removable in the Sneak Preview version? I was looking forward to the Super Battle Droid, but now that I see it, I am unimpressed. I was hoping for a hipper design like the Destroyer droid or something. Oh well. Feel free to vent!

Okay, the Super Battle Droid looks incredibly stupid . . . But that's more a Lucas screw-up, than Hasbro. It appears to be straight out of the Transformer era. Lame. Lame. Lame!

As for the others, wish I could see these a little more clearly . . . Still though, it's very cool to see them at all at this point.

The C3PO with covering "could" be awesome. Can't tell yet.

What is the Action Feature on R2D2? I can't quite make it out . . .

Can't wait to see these up close and in more detail.

PS -- considering what they are and that we are at least three months away from their release, the $210 price that they went for was actually much less than I expected . . .

Maybe YOU'VE seen them...

But I certainly haven't!! I'm going to go there right now...!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Can't...hold...long.....carded...figures....too... strong,can't...resist!!

Dammit, I knew once I saw the finished product carded, I was gonna start to get excited, so far Obi Wan, R2D2, Jango and C-3P0 look good.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Well Brentfett, I have to say that most of the things you mentioned don't have anything to do with Hasbros decisions. The Super Battle Droid was designed by Lucasfilm, not them.

The R2D2 is, well, R2D2. I mean really, how can they make him any different? They at least tried to give him a new feature in Ep1, but since Lucas cut out the scene where he uses his rockets, the toy didnt really make any sense.

Padme and Anakin, I agree, look just as bad as they did in all the other pics. Obi-Wan on the other hand, I've always thought doesn't look too bad, I just REALLY don't like the magnet feature (name me ONE toy that used magnets like that which worked..)

I think Kit Fisto loooks pretty good too, and this Jango is better than the Preview version (Im pretty sure the Previews helmet isnt removable BTW)

Lastly, I REALLY like the new C3PO. FINALLY, Hasbro is able to do something different with him, after soooo mant sculpts of the same thing. This one looks really interesting.

Anyway, those are my thoughts
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Check the main SirSteve page JEDI.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

I agree, they look very nice on the new cards.

I can't wait to see some better pics of them, where you can actually see some detail.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

C3P0

I think the C3P0 figure would probably look really bulky and unproportioned with all the snap-on plating... I really hope they resculpt him with the plating attached.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

I've returned from Hell...

Okay... Jango is better than the preview version. I think it's pretty lame that they would make two different Jangos. Oh, well. Anakin and Padme (the most important characters of this installment) look like crappity-crap-crap! Obi-Wan is not horrible. Kit Fisto is a big smelly, wet parp in humid weather. As always... I love Artoo and Threepio. I know you can't do much with Artoo, but I'm sure this will be an improvement over E1 Artoo and CERTAINLY an improvement over the POTF2 Artoo. The CT Artoo wasn't bad, but I didn't care for the decals, which curl up off the dome. Super-Battle Droid... why not. "Super" just makes it sound more cheesy... which is what most of this line is!!!

As far as the $210 starting bid... "Whatever!!!"
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**