Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Anyone open their Tin packs?

I took the tins out of the boxes and they look pretty cool, better than in the window box with the cheap cardboard. I wont open the cards, but it is nice to see the back on the cards and it's a neat throw back to the vintage 2-3 packed bonus cards.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I finally saw the tins at Wal-Mart today. Totally unimpressed. There's only 1 good figure per tin and the rest are useless repacks of older figures. Sorry Hasbro, not falling for it.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Jayspawn - is Hasbro trying to fool us with these?

I Saw them a couple of days ago at TRU...I like them. I don't have any of the figures that are in them opened (yes I do have them carded), and the price point is not out of step with the cerded figures. Roughly 7.50 per figure with a free tin thrown in. I think I will be troop-building the troops even if I have to by 100 of each tin
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

You must have more money than most.
    (Like my posts)

Yes they ARE trying to fool you. Hasbro will be laughing at buyers all the way to the bank. But they're not laughing at me cause I'm not falling for it.

If you want to open these sets up -it'll be cheaper just to track down the individual figures and open them up.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'm not taking these out of the bubbles, I'm just taking the tins out of the big outer package. I would like to take a few out, but I can't justify buying doubles of these.
    (Like my posts)

I forgot to add the "J/K". I am only going to get 2 of each...one to open. But only because I don't want a bunch of extra Vaders, Leias, et al. I will likely do as Jayspawn mentioned and get a few extra of the EII sergeants from eBay or someplace to lead my clone formations. And realistically (at least to me) I like the tins and they are worth about 10.00 (max) to me. So I can consider the figures that I don't want to be 5.00 kid fodder.

I still don't see how Hasbro is trying to fool us. They are not hiding anything. If I had the figures that are in these tins from getting them carded...I would feel ripped off. but it is not like Hasbro is covering them up so you can't see what figures you are buying. And if the kids are buying them (and based solely on what i have seen locally, they are...rabidly) then Hasbro CAN argue that they are supplying figures that are in demand. I don't like re-packs at all...but when the figure continues to be in demand...Hasbro is only keeping their promise make sure every person that wants one, gets one. And lets be realistic...other than Lushros Dofine...I haven't seen too much as far as peg-warming goes (and even Lushros is selling...just slowly).

In my head...I want to see hasbro do WHATEVER it takes to ensure the longevity of the Star Wars 3 3/4" figures. Including the re-packing ad nauseum. I want them to be around until I die at 103 ('cause I play safe for you and me, 'cause I'm no fool!) and that means 62 more years (and don't everyone start dogging me on the thought of the line lasting 62 years...I know it won't).

Hasbro's new battle cry "RE-PACK 'EM ALL! LET THE COLLECTORS SORT THEM OUT!"
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    I finally saw the tins at Wal-Mart today. Totally unimpressed. There's only 1 good figure per tin and the rest are useless repacks of older figures. Sorry Hasbro, not falling for it.
    You pretty much speak the truth here. But I did buy the 3 OT ones. Simply put I really, really like the three troopers. It's kind of a waste of money, and I've actually been pretty good about being really picky about what i bought, but I got suckered here.

Having said that, I'm not opening for the moment. I'm a loose collector but I kind of like the way they look in the package so for now, I'mleaving them as is. But chances are excellent I'll open them because there is no way in hell I'm buying more than one of any of these.
    Galactic Barn Burner

I've bought the episode I, V, and, VI and I opened the bubbles on all of them. There are some really good repaints and new figures in the V and VI sets. I bought the episode I set for the R2 unit, but the rest are great figures. I'm definitely not buying doubles, but I don't regret buying these. If I see an episode IV with a good paint job I'll buy it too. I'm not completely sold on II and III though.

I unexpectedly found the Episode II and III packs at Wal-Mart. They were in with the Legos. I didn't see a place where they were supposed to be. I went ahead and got them. I can always use the troopers, and most of the other repacks were decent - VOTC, Evolutions and ROTS figures. I already have them, but maybe an extra will come in handy some day. I've not opened them yet. I probably won't for a while.