Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I respect Dio and his place in the annals of metal, but when I think Black Sabbath, I think Ozzy. Maybe that's partially why they aren't calling themselves Sabbath this time out. The only lead singer change in a band that surpassed the original was when Bruce joined Iron Maiden...who btw are also on tour now.

I disagree. Mike Patton way surpassed that Chuck guy who was on the first Faith No More album.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Seriously tho, "Live Evil" is a friggin monster of an album, DIO REALLY re-interpreted the work that the band had done up to that point. I still laugh how he gets kicked out once every 10 years
    Iso&Baws
    And DiAnno was a pretty good vocalist, just MUCH different in approach, check out the Killers track "Murders in the Rue Morgue" and tell me he's not as good as Bruce- MUCH different and Bruce allwed the band to do lots of new stuff, but without DiAnno Maiden wouldn't have happened the way they did
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    Seriously tho, "Live Evil" is a friggin monster of an album, DIO REALLY re-interpreted the work that the band had done up to that point. I still laugh how he gets kicked out once every 10 years
    Iso&Baws
    And DiAnno was a pretty good vocalist, just MUCH different in approach, check out the Killers track "Murders in the Rue Morgue" and tell me he's not as good as Bruce- MUCH different and Bruce allwed the band to do lots of new stuff, but without DiAnno Maiden wouldn't have happened the way they did
    Don't get me wrong, I like the original Maiden. It was rougher, angrier. I often wonder where they would have gone with DiAnno singing lead. But Bruce took them to a different level, bringing influence from a wider array. Maybe it's just the English major in me that thinks about "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and "Charge of the Light Brigade."