Hasbro Q&A for the week of October 27th

More answers to missing questions, it's Hasbro's answers to SSG questions for October 27th, 2006.

Thanks again to Hasbro for the answers, to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who voted on them. Here come Hasbro's answers, and remember to check out ActionFigs.com for their weekly Hasbro Q&A as well (which also got an update today).

Hasbro Q&A for the week of October 27th
    Q: Although we have two figures from the planet Utapau (Tion Medon and Utapaun Warrior, both Pau'an species), the ROTS planet had a second species seen in the film, the Utai - not major players in the film, but they have several moments of screen time making them at least as prominent as background characters such as the Mustafar Sentry or Neimoidian Warrior which are already figures - so are we likely to get any Utai in the near future?

A:
    The poor Utai. The petrol-drenched, varactyl-wrangling blue-collar working class of the sinkhole planet just haven't gotten their fair share of the attention. Which, as befits their status, is a small share. Until they send an ambassador to our line planning meetings, they remain a more long-term goal.

- -

Q: Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter vehicle (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections?

A:
    At some point, we will probably take a look at the Naboo Fighter, but we haven't yet. The specific issues you mention (vac metal) are not as easy to solve as it seems, and depends on the nature of the parts. It's a good suggestion for something to look at for next time. Thanks!

- -

Q: Many Imperial, Rebel, and other-faction lower-rank troopers seen in minor roles in the films have been given names and backstories in the EU. Any chance of seeing these minor individual 'grunts' released as individual character figures thus lending satisfaction for collectors when the names and individual likenesses of these troopers see action figure recognition, as well as another way of bringing greater variety to the various trooper ranks?

A:
    Interesting question. Every once and a while we will give a grunt (Bren Derlin) a name, but for the most part we think keeping these guys as troop builders, rather than one-off characters, is more appealing to most collectors.
    (ed note: Major Derlin is a script-named character in Empire Strikes Back, not a Hasbro-named character.)

- -

And the questions from ActionFigs.com:
    - What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?

- Any chance of seeing updates to major characters who have been somewhat neglected in action figure form of late, especially Episode I Obi-Wan and Jango Fett (no truly adequate, neutrally posed, highly-articulated sculpt at all)?

- On the Saga (and currently shipping again as part of The Saga Collection's Endor wave) ROTJ Emperor Palpatine figure, why is the hood so oversized and why hasn't this been corrected?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

When will last weeks questions be answered?

Pretty douchey answer to the question about the Utai, if you ask me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah not a great week for answers. The first two were disappointing as I would like to see both. The last one I really not sure how I feel about. I like grunts and I like specific figures for characters like Dak, Cracken, etc.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    When will last weeks questions be answered?
    Dunno, I mentioned this in the email for this week's questions though. I'm tired of playing catch-up.

I agree, these answers weren't as satisfying as I would have hoped. But at least they're thinking about it and they know we're thinking about it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hell with some of the awesome ideas we give them they should be paying us and if not i'd take real solid answers.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I second Turbo's comments.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll third them...
    Move along, move along

Yeah, it'd be nice if they took the hint with some of these and did what we were suggesting. Then again, they'd probably get fired for it.