Thread: Enter Sandman!

Enter Sandman!

Well, as I reported in another thread, the local comic shop is going out of business, and I picked up Sandman I: Preludes & Nocturnes for half price. Well, I read it last night.

Holy carp!! I always this was geared toward kids in makeup who hate their parents, but this is some amazing storytelling. Not being too far into the story, and not wanting to spoil what I do know so far, I'm not going to get too far into detail, but this is a brilliant mix of horror and fantasy, and it deserves the praises its received.

Sandman may not quite be Bone, but it's pretty freaking close.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've got the first 30 issues in TPB form, and nearly all of the rest as singles. It IS tremendous - that 24hrs monkey business is one of the eeriest pieces of fiction I've ever encountered. Niel Gaiman at his all-time best.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I thought this was going to be a Metallica and/or Mike Tyson's Punchout! thread.

Or a discussion of Steve Ditko's genre-altering run on Amazing Spider-Man in the early 60's........
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I can't say enough good about the Sandman series. I think that first group of stories in the Preludes and Nocturnes is my least favorite, but that's only because the others shine so brightly.

It's too bad (for me) that I missed these when they were forst coming out. A new friend at a new comic shop turned me on to them after I asked about a Death poster (I have this thing for Goth / different chicks).
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars