Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

StarWarsShop.com exclusive Medicom RAH 12" Shadow Stormtrooper!

No lie! Click through this link and see for yourself!

My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

What customers are they aiming this for? "I have an infinite amount of spare cash to throw down the sink on a black Stormtrooper" seems pretty limited. I mean, why not just do more white ones and by doing so lower the costs overall?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not that I have any interest in buying one of these, but I am curious as to what comic reference this trooper comes from since I've never heard of it until now.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Not that I have any interest in buying one of these, but I am curious as to what comic reference this trooper comes from since I've never heard of it until now.
    thanks
    Before anybody starts up with the Crimson Empire story...

Long before even Crimson Empire (a Dark Horse comic book which had these black-clad Stormtroopers in the story) there was a not-too-well-known Star Wars comic strip in some newspapers. The black-clad Stormtroopers made their debut there. I do not know the original date of release...but I saw a reprint of it once. I am going googling for it right now.

Edit - The Comic strip appeared in the LA Times from '79-'84. That particular storyline was called "Gambler's World". The name "Blackhole" was given to them because the Emperor's agent was named "Blackhole" The Troopers were regular troopers that had been given regular armor cast in black to identify them as "Blackhole's" Stormtroopers.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Neat looking but on the list of thing I'd get it ranks pretty low
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel View Post
    Before anybody starts up with the Crimson Empire story...

Long before even Crimson Empire (a Dark Horse comic book which had these black-clad Stormtroopers in the story) there was a not-too-well-known Star Wars comic strip in some newspapers. The black-clad Stormtroopers made their debut there. I do not know the original date of release...but I saw a reprint of it once. I am going googling for it right now.

Edit - The Comic strip appeared in the LA Times from '79-'84. That particular storyline was called "Gambler's World". The name "Blackhole" was given to them because the Emperor's agent was named "Blackhole" The Troopers were regular troopers that had been given regular armor cast in black to identify them as "Blackhole's" Stormtroopers.
    Nice research. Pretty cool information.
    thanks, darth

Looks great. I'm not getting it. It just doesn't jive with what I collect.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    Looks great. I'm not getting it. It just doesn't jive with what I collect.
    I lied.

I just ordered it. It just looks so cool and it is great to have oddball things in ones collection. But that just means I'm going to have to pass up on a lot more things to make up for the cost (cause I don't look forward to having my wife's knee permanently embedded in my groin).

Though not swimming in $$$, it's not a huge hit on my wallet, as long as it's an isolated, unique purchase. For me, this falls into the category of: I'd like to have just one thing from that line.

By the way, how tall are these things?
    Galactic Barn Burner

I would love to get the standard RAH stormie, but I'm not too into the EU version.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Nice research. Pretty cool information.
    thanks, darth
    Thanks T - I like to be helpful.

Edit - I am also seriously thinking about getting as many as 20 of these. I probably won't. But these Black Stormtroopers have almost instantly climbed to the top of my favorite Star Wars figure list to share that spot with a few other such as Sideshow's Obi-Wan Kenobi. And I would love to see a few of these posted around my office. And as I am sort of of the mind that Sideshow's version may be a LONG time coming...like never at all...I am thinking this may be the single offering of these unbelievably awesome figures. I just wish there were some added accessories like the blaster rifles, comlinks, grappling hooks and removeable thermal detonators from the Stormtrooper belts...maybe a few others as well.