Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which suckers here are now using IE7?

I got the automatic update notice for IE7 today, I hear they staggered the automatic update shoutouts so that they wouldn't get slammed with downloads, I have mine set to request permission to download components before installing, and chose not to take IE7 just yet. It's nothing personal really, I just don't trust Microsoft whatsoever to make initial release software that actually works. (To be fair, I don't trust ANY developer's initial release software, I always wait for the word on the street and a few updates in the version.) A site I was doing code for ran into some problems when a user using a late Beta version of IE7 reported a couple issues that caused the entire site to not load for them, very frustrating (we're talking ultra-minor code stuff here).

So I was curious, which one of you fine folks actually have taken this mangey stray into your homes and put it to work? How is it going so far? Anything noteworthy good or bad?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was going to go ahead and upload it, but decided that I would wait and see from others.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'm a mozilla fan myself, so IE7 is a non-event at my house. Let us know what you think, though.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    I'm a mozilla fan myself, so IE7 is a non-event at my house.
    Same here. We can't use IE at work because of the security risks, so I came to love Firefox. The new version of which, by the way, isn't anything special.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I too use Mozilla.

I'm sure I'll take IE7 for a test drive soon, although I'll probably use a computer at work first.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Soooo.... nobody?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Slicker is using IE7, which is why he vanished off the face of the earth.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You must be talking to the wrong group of nerds.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I use Safari, so I didn't even know that there was an IE7 coming out. However, it's the same story with Apple as it is with Microsoft, you dont' really want to mess around with the initial versions of new software. When we upgraded our college to OS 10.4.0 Tiger, we lost the use of a few major programs (like Maya) until we could download 10.4.1.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Deckard Smith uses IE7 and it works wonderfully for him/her.