Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Naboo Soldier - TSC #50

This guy's not TOO bad, though he does reek slightly of cheapness. I'll break down why:

1. The weapon. It's a straight repack from Episode I, and it looks slightly larger in the figure's hands than a more accurately scaled one would have.

2. The helmet. It gives you every suggestion of removability.... yet remains non-removable. There's no real NEED to have it come off, other than providing us with an opportunity to create some diversity in our ranks (not that army builders like that sort of thing ). EDITED: I see now that it does come off - my bad.

3. No trench coat packed in with the figure. I realize this isn't a pilot per se, but had they made this figure include a coat and 2 interchangeable helmets (soldier and pilot), I think they would have sold boat loads of these guys (and yes, I appreciate that there are likely uniform disparities between the Pilots and Soldiers - but the cape/trench coat would have done a nice job in covering those up).

And now for the good aspects:

1. He's nice and solid. Very sturdy materials used on mine.

2. Tidy paint (nothing astonishing, just a nice clean job on my figure).

3. Articulation: ball neck & shoulders, cut elbows & wrists, waist & hips, ball knees. Plenty.

All in all, I'm going to wind up with 2 of these - and I likely would have held at 1 if I had gotten the one Pegger has put aside for me before I found this one on the pegs. A "fine" figure, but nothing to write home about.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    2. The helmet. It gives you every suggestion of removability.... yet remains non-removable. There's no real NEED to have it come off, other than providing us with an opportunity to create some diversity in our ranks (not that army builders like that sort of thing ).
    Mine comes off just fine. Just give it a yank. If it is stuck you're probably going to lose some hair but it will come off. I was surprised at how much I like the figure even though he looks out of proportion with his teeny head and gorilla arms. I'm even hoping they will do a repaint in red or maybe a running change.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

It DOES come off??? Holy carp - I was sure it did, but couldn't make it work.... I was cross because I thought they spent too much time making it LOOK removable without actually doing it!!!!

EDITED: a little twist, and we're good to go. It was on there so tight that the head pulled off the neck when I first tried it. I guess using the old Ric Olie helmet would be an option for this figure.... but it still would have been nice to get the trench coat. Time for a new accessory pack maybe.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I think this is a decent figure. It has good articulation, very nice detailing on the uniform, and I even dont mind the weapon so much.

What makes this figure boring is the facial expression. This is a case of Hasbro getting the likeness a little too well. The figure has the same glazed over look on his face as the picture on the card. Rather than Jerjerrod getting such a ****ed off look they should have given it to this guy.

I just had a thought while looking at the Naboo Soldier. I could buy five of these and replace the helmets with custom made "energy domes" and I could have DEVO!

I LOVE that idea. The Modal Nodes might just get ousted for a new band. I could probably whip up a Booji Boy from a Zutton.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I bought this figure the other day and almost took it back to get a refund...bit i opened it instead...pretty good figure...I mean he's kind of a waste of tooling for such a minor character when they could have done a figure that fans have been asking for, but all-in-all he's pretty alright. I customize alot so his removable ball jointed head comes in pretty handy....seriously with some grey paint and a head-swap with a tantive iv trooper, he would make a good rebel technician...also another really quick custom that looks cool...if you have a bren derlin and zev senesca just pop bren's head off and put zev's on...it looks completely natural and within the context of hoth, it's an outfit that zev probably would have worn when not piloting an x-wing.

Picked one of these guys up the other day at last. It wasn't high on my list of figures to buy, but it is pretty decent.

Put photos of him in the Database >> here.
    You can also toss up a review, in the "reviews" section >> here.
    plasticfetish.net

*yawn* This guy bores me. I saw two on the pegs and passed. He is far from the highlight of this wave. Is it me or can Hasbro never give us a perfect wave? It seems like some figures have to be crappy...I think it is one of their "MANufacturing LAWS". Anyway, I am going to pass on this guy.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I wouldn't call this a "crappy" figure, but for sure it's not something to get excited over. On the plus side, it's a decent, basic soldier figure with good articulation. As a negative, well... he's very yellow, and I'm not a big fan of that particular weapon accessory. (I think it looks silly.)

I don't think this wave is all bad either.

Endor Luke = good. (This version of the luke figure was built better than the old jedi Luke version I think. Better, harder plastic -- not as flimsy.)
    Vader = good. (I like the old POTJ version better, but this one is decent.)
    Rebel Trooper = good, but should be better. (I like the detail, but the articulation should be much better.)

Holo Maul = good. (I'm a sucker for holographic figures.)
    Obi-Wan = bores the hell out of me.
    Rep Been = good. (It's not something I really need to have, but it's OK.)
    Dud Bolt and Mars Guo = great. (I really like the detail and paint on these. This was a good pair of funny looking alien figures.)
    Gragra = very good. (I really like this figure. It's a good basic alien figure with just the right amount of detail, etc.)
    plasticfetish.net