This guy's not TOO bad, though he does reek slightly of cheapness. I'll break down why:
1. The weapon. It's a straight repack from Episode I, and it looks slightly larger in the figure's hands than a more accurately scaled one would have.
2. The helmet. It gives you every suggestion of removability.... yet remains non-removable. There's no real NEED to have it come off, other than providing us with an opportunity to create some diversity in our ranks (not that army builders like that sort of thing ). EDITED: I see now that it does come off - my bad.
3. No trench coat packed in with the figure. I realize this isn't a pilot per se, but had they made this figure include a coat and 2 interchangeable helmets (soldier and pilot), I think they would have sold boat loads of these guys (and yes, I appreciate that there are likely uniform disparities between the Pilots and Soldiers - but the cape/trench coat would have done a nice job in covering those up).
And now for the good aspects:
1. He's nice and solid. Very sturdy materials used on mine.
2. Tidy paint (nothing astonishing, just a nice clean job on my figure).
3. Articulation: ball neck & shoulders, cut elbows & wrists, waist & hips, ball knees. Plenty.
All in all, I'm going to wind up with 2 of these - and I likely would have held at 1 if I had gotten the one Pegger has put aside for me before I found this one on the pegs. A "fine" figure, but nothing to write home about.