Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    On the show (last new one of 2013, it seems) last night, Jon announced that John is getting his own HBO show and therefore leaving TDSWJS.
    I myself do not get HBO, but tonight's the debut of Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I noticed that the little word/comment in The Colbert Report intro (as he's falling with the flag) has had numbers of decreasing values (I think it was 95 for the last episode). Number of shows left until he leaves for CBS?

I didn't report that the replacement for TCR once Stephen moves to CBS will be Larry Wilmore, TDS's "Senior Black Correspondent," on his show to be called The Minority Report. That should be funny, and a great transition, especially following right after Jon Stewart.

Larry Wilmore is a really funny writer and actor, I hope this works out, especially since I won't have any more Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson to fall back on after this year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Larry Wilmore is a really funny writer and actor, I hope this works out
    It would be awesome to have Stewart, Colbert, Kilborn, Oliver, Rocca, Littleford, Carell, et al on his first show, a la the last Barbara Walters appearance on The View.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Preview Jos View Post
    I myself do not get HBO, but tonight's the debut of Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.
    With a free preview weekend, I saw an episode of JO's show; it's weird not hearing the "bad" curse words bleeped. He talked for the entire 30 minutes, without commercial breaks or other humans shown in-studio; another oddity since I'm used to those "we'll be right back" and correspondent interludes.

I think both shows return all-new episodes this week, after their annual July 4th 2-week hiatus.

TDS is on location in Austin, TX. TCR is still in NYC (not sure how many exact episodes are left: 20-some?),