Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I don't know, but it has gotten a lot more awesome recently. They both have.
    Stewart is funny anyway, but he's at his best when he doesn't have to try. The Republican machine provides it's own humor. The researchers at Comedy Central manage to find the Conservative blowhards contradicting themselves. All the show has to do is run the clips side by side and the Republicans provide the comedy.

Sad thing is, it would be funnier if it wasn't all true.

Well, satire needs truthiness to be truly effective. You know it's sad but true. \m/ :metallicarules:

Can't recall it right now, but there was a clip the other day about the RNC that got me LOL.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Exclamation Hypocrisy in politics

This clip from the other day should be run on EVERY news network from now til the end of the election. Anybody who still votes Republican after seeing this is clearly not interested in truth:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...in-gender-card

And the sad truth is that most Republicans will just refuse to watch it or write it off as unimportant. :shaking head:

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam's bad memory View Post
    Can't recall it right now, but there was a clip the other day about the RNC that got me LOL.
    Caught a rerun, and it had it: it was the Joe Lieberman/Fred Thompson as Droopy/Foghorn Leghorn. :ahsayahsayboyah: Still hilarious.

The "Stephen Colbert Christmas Special: The Greatest Gift of All" last night was very funny, but not LOL funny.

I love me any Feist I can get so I liked it (both to the eyes and the ears). I thought it was pretty funny overall, though. The goofiness of the format was a great fit for Stephen.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Colbert Christmas widget

If you guys watched the Colbert Christmas special, check out the Colbert Christmas widget. You can listen to "Another Christmas Song" and check out some other fun stuff. It's pretty awesome!

http://go.thesyn.com/acolbertchristmas/

I thought the special was good enough to go out and buy at the store. The sentimentalism at the end was a bit much, but there were some big laughs the first 4/5ths.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The build-up for the Cramer/Stewart interview wasmore than the meeting itself, but Jon proved he can handle the "serious" journalist side of his "news" program. A decent one, and I have new-found respect for Mr. Mad Money as he let Jon run the show and didn't try to out-comment or out-funny him. Although, Cramer looked REALLY uncomfortable there, bodily and verbally; very much out of his element.

The unedited interview has about 8 more minutes of footage mixed in, and Cramer isn't quite as passive in it, but he's still basically allowing himself to be a martyr which is downright painful to watch.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.