Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Stephen Colbert's song with Jack White's coven of goth witches last night.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Stephen got his Superpac. Now we need an extended-hand-grabbing-at-the-audience Smiley.

Now that Super Pac-er Stephen is listing (LISTS... :drool: ) his "Heroes" on the crawl below him each show, he busted up laughing on some "fake" names people sent in (can't type their names on this family-friendly site ), but I noticed one this Thursday that sith_killer99 would appreciate: John Galt.

That piece he did on the fake names, where a 3-second joke turned into a minute and a half of giggling, that was priceless. I replayed it 3 times. "Heroe$", by the way.

I think it's awesome that he actually used the money to make ads during the Iowa straw poll.

Now it's 2 weeks without Colbert.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    But that fortnight for both shows is due to end next week (apparently they'll still get Labor Day off, and resume Tuesday).

On Monday, George Lucas was on TDS to pimp Red Tails, his new Tuskegee Airmen film. Some of it was good, some of it was interesting, some of it was weird, some of it was a bit disturbing. Typical Lucas-speak.

I picked up Stephen Colbert's "children's book" (it really isn't appropriate for kids), I Am a Pole (And So Can You), which was decently funny, for as long as it took to read the short book. The dust jacket comments are probably as funny as the "plot" of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Could be more, as DirecTV is still fighting with Viacom and dropped CC as a channel. But online viewing is possible, just not the same thing.

These TDS and TCP shows this week should win some awards. Colbert's opening crawls for the Rep. convention have been pretty funny.

Agreed. Sam Bee's bits have been masterpieces (not that all her bits aren't great, of course--after Colbert, she's probably the most consistently hilarious correspondent in the history of the show). Can't wait for next week.
    Tommy, close your eyes.