Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    So, how do people feel H-John is doing so far?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Apparently, no one has any feelings whatsoever.

Last night, Stephen's "video" for the song of the summer of the century was awesome! Mega-cameos.

And still emotionless after all these weeks. No-H Jon returns after Labor Day. The big question: sans or scruffy-looking?

Answer: both. In the opening sketch: usually bearded. On set: clean-shaven, but much tanner. Good to be back.

On the show (last new one of 2013, it seems) last night, Jon announced that John is getting his own HBO show and therefore leaving TDSWJS. Quite funny highlights clip of Oliver's run there.

Colbert addressed the CancelColbert campaign, based on a Tweet he didn't make on an account he doesn't use on a topic missing the context. Ah, "real news;" you unspire us with your fastness and confuzz us with your dumbness sometimes...

Scuttlebutt has Colbert as the frontrunner to replace David Letterman next year. I think he'd be a good choice, but it wouldn't be a good choice for him because he wouldn't get to have as much fun and it seems like that's what he looks for in his work. Also, he'd have to retire the "Dr. Stephen T. Colbert DFA" character, or at least just save it for occasional use.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Scuttlebutt has Colbert as the frontrunner to replace David Letterman next year. I think he'd be a good choice, but it wouldn't be a good choice for him because he wouldn't get to have as much fun and it seems like that's what he looks for in his work. Also, he'd have to retire the "Dr. Stephen T. Colbert DFA" character, or at least just save it for occasional use.
    Scuttlebutt isn't just the name of Beta Ray Bill's ship, it seems to be true for Tek Jansen, too; at least according to TDS tonight. Waiting to see how TCR brings up the issue.

It is entirely true, and Colbert won't be doing the show in-character either.

Apparently, by passing over Craig Ferguson, he will get $5 mil to stay where he is.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Apparently, by passing over Craig Ferguson, he will get $5 mil to stay where he is.
    I need to get me a contract like that!