Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Quick question about the Beatles

Okay, the reason for this thread is that I've never found two people who can agree on what the Beatles' best work was.

So--and don't mull this over; just answer with the first thing to come to mind!--what do you think was the one greatest album and one greatest song by the Beatles?

Album: Abbey Road

Song: Eleanor Rigby
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Awesome thread idea, Chux. Especially since I've been listening to them damn near non-stop lately.

Album: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Song: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

The song was the toughest part. I wanted to put Strawberry Fields, I am the Walrus, or a Day in the Life.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    The song was the toughest part. I wanted to put Strawberry Fields, I am the Walrus, or a Day in the Life.
    No kidding. If I'd posted it just a few minutes later, the answer could've been Something, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Rocky Raccoon, I Saw Her Standing There, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, I Am the Walrus, heck, any of about thirty other songs.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tough question sChux, I could run a bunch off. I cant recall the album but I am going with :

Song: The continuing adevntures of Bungaloo Bill.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

album: sgt. pepper's
    song: we can work it out.

the song was hard to stick with cause after seeing your second post chux i nearly changed it to something.

Though every album of theirs is good to me, my band currently does six of their tunes: "Something", "Run for your life", "Ballad of John and Yoko", "Norwegian Wood", "Michelle", "Things we said today". There's alot of Rubber Soul in there, but my personal favorite is Abbey Road. Favorite Song is "I want you" This album is their peak musically. The later stuff the songs are alot harder to play also because well, they were better musicians as they got older. This is just my (a guitarist's) point of view.

Ballad of John and Yoko is probably my favorite Beatune.

Album: Revolver
    Song: If I Fell (my favorite, not necessarily their most masterful which would likely be A Day in the Life)

Album: Sgt. Pepper

Song: I Will
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.