Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    Didn't Michael Jackson sell the rights to the Beatles because he needed the money?
    No, Jacko still owns the publishing rights. He did put them up as collateral for a loan from Sony. If he defaults, Sony gets them.

Best Cover: A Little Help from My Friends as performed by Joe Cocker and played as the opening theme to the Wonder Years (the full version is a bit long though)

Worst Cover: Anything from the movie Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band though Donald Pleasance singing I Want You may take the cake. If you aren't aware of this fiasco check the web. The Bee Gees and various celebrities perform the Beatles' hits! How did it fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    Worst Cover: Anything from the movie Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band though Donald Pleasance singing I Want You may take the cake. If you aren't aware of this fiasco check the web. The Bee Gees and various celebrities perform the Beatles' hits! How did it fail?
    frampton rules.

Album: Abbey Road

Song: Help!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    Ugh. I started watching some of this crap the other day just to see how bad it was, and I barely got ten minutes in. They had to freakin' take every single reference in that album (and others, too) and put it in the movie. Mr. Kite, Strawberry Fields (a person???), Billy Shears, and everything else. I had to just turn it right off when the Bee Gees appeared, I mean, come on now.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Everything from that movie isn't bad. Aerosmith's "Come Together" was quite good. However, I will grant you that it's my least favorite Aerosmith cover of a Beatles tune.

Who aside from Caesar can be the first to name the others without cheating?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I forgot to mention the one Chux is referring to...that would be on my list, too.

Since we're in a Beatles thread . . . has anyone picked up the Love album yet? I'm looking forward to getting this sometime soon, as it seems like it would be amazing (and from what I've heard, it is).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I picked it up. It's not bad, but for the most part nothing truly spectacular. There are a few songs (Strawberry Fields Forever, Because, and While My Guitar Gently Weeps) that make it worth picking up if you're a fan. If you're not, I'd stick with the original recordings.
    Tommy, close your eyes.