Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    For album, I'll go with the one that started it all, Led Zeppelin I. I love the violin bow action on "Dazed and Confused" and "How Many More Times". "Good Times Bad Times" is a great opening track and rocks almost as much as "Communication Breakdown". Some good blues remakes with "I Can't Quit You Baby" and "You Shook Me". "Black Mountain Side" is a great instrumental. I like the keyboards on "Your Time Is Gonna Come". I really like the dichotomy of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", with the mellow acoustic parts and the really heavy parts.

Picking a favorite song is not really possible, but I'll go with a song that I think I actually remember hearing back in the 70's. "Trampled Under Foot". Powerful beat, great riff, and I like the keyboards. Perhaps their most danceable tune as well. Even though I don't dance, this is a song that almost makes me want to.
    See, you totally cheated!!! (Although I totally understand)!

Okay, I did it-

IV and Black Dog.

I borrowed this kid's cassette at Scout Camp in 1987. I'd never heard Zep before. I thought it was amazing. A lot of bands were recycling their material in '87, but I'd never heard anything quite like it. I'd heard the Who and the Stones, but Zep was a lot more all over the place with their music.

Anyhow, IV will always stick out in my mind, and the opening track blew my mind. I rushed home and bought it!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    See, you totally cheated!!! (Although I totally understand)!
    How did I cheat? I know I cheated in the trivia thread, but I'm a bit confused here.