Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can Some One Fill Me In??

I keep seeing Star Wars Figures listed on the Bay useing the words "the last 17" in the descriptions. Can some one fill me in on what this means
    Thanks
    ST

The last 17 were the POFT line and were very rare in terms of how many people go them. They include Lando General, Amanaman, Luke in Stormie gear and others i cant think of righ tnow. They were the ones that had the coins in them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by S-Trooper View Post
    I keep seeing Star Wars Figures listed on the Bay useing the words "the last 17" in the descriptions. Can some one fill me in on what this means
    Thanks
    ST
    It's a British term. What we in the US (and Canada) think of as POTF figures plus Lumat and Paploo were the last 17 vintage figures made. Because all ROTJ in Europe were released on Trilogo cards someone (who clearly didn't know jack about Kenner) felt it necessary to distinguish the last figures due to they rarity. The term, like a virus, has spread of the net. I feel it's stupid term and has about a much meaning a "the last 37" or "the last 84."
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

But because there's the word "last," it has the connotation like "rare" or "low production." So it might have the effect of making buyers react too rashly.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'm pretty sure these are the last 17. I did most from memory but had to look for a couple to be sure they weren't in the ROTJ line.

A-Wing Pilot
    Amanaman
    Anakin Skywalker
    B-Wing Pilot
    Barada
    EV-9D9
    Han Carbonite
    Han Trench Coat
    Imperial Digniary
    Death Star Gunner
    Lando Pilot
    Luke Stormtrooper Disguise
    Lumat
    Nikto
    Paploo
    R2 w/ Pop Up Saber
    Warok
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I believe Anakin was first a mail away figure before being carded. Also wasnt Han Trench Coat released with the rest of the ROTJ figs as I have him, but not from the POTF line.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

KH, is right.

I missed Luke Battle Poncho and possibly Romba.

A little help would be hot so I don't give any wrong info.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I missed Luke Battle Poncho and possibly Romba.

A little help would be hot so I don't give any wrong info.
    Ok folks the full "last 17" list is as follows:
    Lumat
    Paploo
    R2-D2 With Pop Up Lightsaber
    A-Wing Pilot
    Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber)
    Imperial Dignitary
    Imperial Gunner
    Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit)
    Anakin Skywalker
    Amanaman
    Barada
    EV-9D9
    Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
    Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho)
    Romba
    Warok
    Yak Face

Slicker your list has Nikto, B-wing Pilot, Trench Coat Han, none of which should be on there. And who is missing in addition to Romba and Poncho Luke is the all important Yak Face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I believe Anakin was first a mail away figure before being carded. Also wasnt Han Trench Coat released with the rest of the ROTJ figs as I have him, but not from the POTF line.
    Yes, Anakin was the final mail away figure. And yes Trench Coat Han was first released on a ROTJ card. But he was also available on a POFT card.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"

I wasnt saying that he wasnt available, just that they werent part of the final grouping of new figs. I never got any of the POTF figs and had both of them(anakin and han endor) thats how I knew they werent part of that group exclusively.

I guess I misread your earlier post.