Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    There's a CD that came with the big boxed set called the early singles that some good stuff on it, like "Arnold Layne", "Point Me at the Sky", "See Emily Play" and other stuff.

The only solo album I've listened to is "Amused to Death" by Waters. It was about as good as the post-Waters Floyd stuff.
    Point Me At The Sky is one of the few Pink Floyd songs I don't have (along with It Would Be So Nice, the few tracks from Zabriskie Point, those from the PULSE album, and maybe a few more I don't know about). I don't know anyone with this set and I don't really feel like spending hundreds of dollars on a set consisting of stuff I already have. Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Point Me At The Sky is one of the few Pink Floyd songs I don't have (along with It Would Be So Nice, the few tracks from Zabriskie Point, those from the PULSE album, and maybe a few more I don't know about). I don't know anyone with this set and I don't really feel like spending hundreds of dollars on a set consisting of stuff I already have. Is it any good?
    The set or the song?

I think "Point" and "So Nice" are the only songs unique to the box set at this point, and that makes them a bitty to track down since these were released to cd before they could be ripped or napstered, and nobody thinks of it these days.

Point Me at the Sky is a good song, definitely from the psychedelic phase. I really like it. I had a friend that had the box set and I made a tape of the singles CD back in 92. I wouldn't pay $100 just to get it, though!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I saw Pink Floyd twice during the '94 tour.

Its hard to pick a favorite song or album...I guess Learning to Fly would be the song at the moment. Album...Dark Side of the Moon because VH-1 Classic had a "Greatest Albums" type documentary on it recently.

On a side note, one of the greatest names for a song has to be "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict" on Ummagumma
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Okay then, what about these noodlers?

Favorite member?
    Least favorite album (studio only)?
    Least favorite song?

For member, I have to go with David Gilmour. For instance, on the Wall, all the songs he worked on are the best ones (Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, Young Lust). And in their earlier stuff I like his voice best. Anyone who doesn't crap their pants when he gets to the solos in Comfortably Numb has something wrong with them.

Least favorite studio album is probably Ummagumma. The Narrow Way is great, but that's really all it's got going for it. It seemed less like an album than a loose collection of random songs (seeing as how each band member got to do their own stuff unchecked, proving that the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts). That whole era (1969-1970) wasn't so hot, but the other albums from then did turn out Fat Old Sun, the Atom Heart Mother Suite, the Nile Song, and Cymbaline, which I prefer to Ummagumma tracks. More is a close second for worst.

Least favorite song, is Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict. Just a little too far on the experimental side of things, I think, and there wasn't even any music in it. Someone tell Roger to lay off them mushrooms.