Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Question about Pink Floyd

You know the drill:

Album: My favorite Album is not the one my favorite song is of off. For Albums I will go with The Final Cut

Song: Brain Damage/Eclipse
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Favorite album: Medley... Favorite song: Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave grooving with a Pict...if you can call it a song, off the album Umaguma. For anyone who's not heard this song, you will not believe your ears! What the! It is what it says. Just what the "Pict" is saying though is open to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    You know the drill:

Album: My favorite Album is not the one my favorite song is of off. For Albums I will go with The Final Cut

Song: Brain Damage/Eclipse
    That a solo album and those are two songs.

I'm guessing most people here would expect my favorite Pink Floyd song to be Lucifer Sam (although I really do like that song a lot). But you'd be wrong. It's Summer '68 from Atom Heard Mother. Album would be The Wall.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

This one's tougher for me, since I don't know Pink Floyd as well, and mostly listen to the album's without even looking at the song titles (since they're best taken whole, for the most part). But here goes.

Album: Dark Side of the Moon
    Song: Comfortably Numb
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post

I'm guessing most people here would expect my favorite Pink Floyd song to be Lucifer Sam (although I really do like that song a lot). But you'd be wrong. It's Summer '68 from Atom Heard Mother. Album would be The Wall.
    listed in the discography and depending on which version of DSOTM you have it will list as one or two separate songs.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Favorite album: Medley... Favorite song: Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave grooving with a Pict...if you can call it a song, off the album Umaguma. For anyone who's not heard this song, you will not believe your ears! What the! It is what it says. Just what the "Pict" is saying though is open to interpretation.
    Meddle

Album - Varies from day to day, huge PF fan

Song - Ill pick one they dont play on the radio - Fearless, or maybe Interstellar Overdrive

Hey I know MrJabbaJon will reply, so have you (or anyone else) read the book Inside Out?
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

The Wall: Live in Berlin 1990

Song from that concert: Hey you as sung by Paul Carrack

I'm also a big fan of What Do You Want From Me? from The Division Bell

album - DSOTM unless you want to count echoes

song -money. when i was much younger i always loved another brick in the wall - cause we don't need no education.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's Guitarist
    Hey I know MrJabbaJon will reply, so have you (or anyone else) read the book Inside Out?
    No I haven't, but I will be asking for it for my birthday or Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    No, the Final Cut was released under Pink Floyd, even though Richard Wright was not performing with them at the time and Roger Waters wrote all the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillakid
    The Wall: Live in Berlin 1990

Song from that concert: Hey you as sung by Paul Carrack
    This, however, was a "solo" album. Roger Waters left the band in 1984 and rejoined in 2005, so he was "alone" for this one but with other non-Floyd artists.

Pink Floyd is definitely my favorite band. My favorite stuff of theirs changes all the time. I love things about all their albums and songs, some more than others.

Album - Meddle
    Song - Wish You Were Here

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    This, however, was a "solo" album. Roger Waters left the band in 1984 and rejoined in 2005, so he was "alone" for this one but with other non-Floyd artists.
    Uh, yeah, I know. So? I mean, if you really want to get technical about what constitutes "Pink Floyd" and what doesn't, then anything post Syd doesn't really count either if that's what you're getting at.