How would you do it? Would you base it on the "awesomeness" of the figure? The "Hard-to-get-it-ness"? Did you miss a figure that you covet?
For me, it's a combination. So, without further ado, I hereby reveal to you the 8 figures I'd re-release if I were in charge, complete with rationale. Numbering system DOES NOT denote my feelings with respect to each figure - they're all awesome in their own wonderful ways. I also assumed that we'd get to see a significant number of "key characters" rereleased as part of this line (Commtech Han, anyone?), so I tried to stray a little ways off the beaten path for most of my pics.
1. R1G4, from the Saga collection (2004). Why? He's amazingly cool and different - and was never available at Canadian retail.
2. Zuckuss, from the POTF2 collection (circa 1998). Why? Besides the exclusive Bounty Hunters 7 pack, this figure has not seen a re-release. Unlike 4-LOM, I see absolutely NO need to upgrade this figure - and he was never available at Canadian retail (sensing a trend?).
3. Super Poseable Stormtrooper, from the VOTC collection. Tons of people like troop builders, here's one we haven't had a chance to get other than it's initial release.
4. FX7, from the POTJ line. Another perfect droid that was only available once.
5. Sio Bibble, from the Episode I line. Very hard to find, and a nice figure once you have him.
6. TC14, also from Epsisode I. Another very nice figure that was especially tough to get at retail.
7. R4-P17, if that's the correct name for Obi Wan's astromech from late in the ROTS line. Great sculpt, I'm hoping we'll get an R2 like this one in 2007 as well.
8. Grand Admiral Thrawn, from the POTF2 EU wave. I never got him, and actually quite liked the character in those Zahn books. I'd buy him for sure if they put him out again.