Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick question about Steven Segal

Okay, the reason for this thread is that I've never found two people who can agree on what Steven Seagal's best work was.

So--and don't mull this over; just answer with the first thing to come to mind!--what do you think was the one greatest movie and one greatest scene by Steven Seagal?

Movie: Out for Justice

Scene: The part in Hard to Kill where he stabs that guy and says,
    "That's for my wife. F*** you and die."

This is easy: Executive Decision.

Why? Two reasons.

1. He dies in the first 20 minutes or so and we don't see him again.
    2. He dies in the first act. This is great because when the plot is being set up in the conference room, Steven is sitting there with all the "baggage" of being an action hero with him. Anyone who watches movies would be in the audience predicting what will happen next... Kurt Russell will ultimately have to pilot the plane after Segal kicks serious arse. BUT we are thrown completely out of the predictable nature of a Segal action film when he actually dies in the first act...a huge surprise which made that movie so much more than it could have been.

I think his best work is that band he's touring with now Isobaws&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

His best work ever was the floater he left in the toilet earlier. I think it may have been Executive Decision.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Could a mod please delete this thread since its so pointless?????
    Erroneous ! Erroneous!

Out for Justice is a great movie, bonus points to William Forsythe for playing such a creepy villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Out for Justice is a great movie,
    That's like saying that Captain Crunch is a great cereal. Perhaps, but it still isn't good for you.

Under Siege
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."