Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    a new movie like the video-game would be pretty cool
    I love the other movies and have the mcfarlane figure (from the movie maniacs line)

PS: anyone actually played through the hole game? I can;t get further at one point - I'm always getting killed so fast

The Evil Dead game controls SUCK. Plus the fact that after you kill something it pops up again 2 seconds later doesn't help. The game was done pretty poorly if you ask me. It could have been a lot better.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

No doubt the game was awful. The controls were obnoxious, and the collision detection was non-existant.

I did beat the game, and the story was pretty good all the way through. It gets a little wierd once he goes through time though.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

he travels through time in the game? didn't know about that...what places?

Quote Originally Posted by SithDroid View Post
    I heard from a friend who read in an article somewhere that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are gearing up to make a low budget horror film after Spiderman is released. Can this be Evil Dead 4? We can only hope. Hopefully the new Evil Dead Collectors Edition DVD that comes out in March will have some info on this. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Yup yup, its supposed to be coming out later this year.

nope, it was 'my name is bruce'

Bruce Campbell has announced a sequel to My Name is Bruce, this time against Frankenstein. No mention of Raimi's involvement.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]"My Name Is Bruce" was kind of a let down for me. I was really looking forward to it and I really wanted to love it. I have a soft spot in my heart for Bruce Campbell and for movies filmed in my home state. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I guess when an actor decides to "skewer" their image as themselves, it loses a little bit of the effect when they've spent their career already doing that.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I still enjoyed it, but I was hoping for some more laughs. I watched it on Sci-Fi (SyFy? Yeah, I'm not calling it that), so maybe that had something to do with it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I found the mixed reviews for "My Name is Bruce" puzzling, personally. I heard a lot of tepid reviews from a whole spectrum of people before I got the chance to watch it, and when I finally did take it in I couldn't see what the problem was. I thought it was totally perfect for what it was, the "monster" looked like he was literally ripped from a bad 80's film, Bruce had hordes of hilarious lines, the plot was linear and uncluttered and most importantly, the film was FUN to watch.

Oddly enough, I heard lots of great things about Bubba-hotep and barely managed to sit through it once, so I totally understand that my tastes are apparently at odds with damn near everybody else on earth, but "Bruce" has been viewed a few times at our house and is still a candidate for a re-watch in the near future.

I have a feeling that is "Bruce" was too goofy for some folks, a film featuring Frankenstein will probably be far "worse". I can already envision loads of slapstick featuring Frankenstein. Glad to know that there will be another installment.
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    Heck, it could be worse, he could have made CaveAlien 7
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.