Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    I found the mixed reviews for "My Name is Bruce" puzzling, personally. I heard a lot of tepid reviews from a whole spectrum of people before I got the chance to watch it, and when I finally did take it in I couldn't see what the problem was. I thought it was totally perfect for what it was, the "monster" looked like he was literally ripped from a bad 80's film, Bruce had hordes of hilarious lines, the plot was linear and uncluttered and most importantly, the film was FUN to watch.

Oddly enough, I heard lots of great things about Bubba-hotep and barely managed to sit through it once, so I totally understand that my tastes are apparently at odds with damn near everybody else on earth, but "Bruce" has been viewed a few times at our house and is still a candidate for a re-watch in the near future.
    [FONT=Courier New]I am willing to give "Bruce" a second chance and re-watch it next time I see it listed. You touched on something that I should have and that's that it was definitely meant to be like a bad 80's film. I just think *I* might have enjoyed it more had they decided to play it straight.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

i was lucky enough to actually see MNIB on a theater screen and not merely watching it at home (although i've done that multiple times too).

being surrounded by an audience of people appreciative of the cheese that bruce is capable of added to the movie immensely.

i'd love to see another (and wouldn't mind if bubba nosferatu ever came to fruition)

[FONT=Courier New]I think seeing it in the theater would have definitely added to my enjoyment of Bruce.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Bubba Nosferatu (according to [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]www.imdb.com[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]) is due out in 2011 but Bruce Campbell is out and Ron Perelman is in.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    I found the mixed reviews for "My Name is Bruce" puzzling, personally. I heard a lot of tepid reviews from a whole spectrum of people before I got the chance to watch it, and when I finally did take it in I couldn't see what the problem was. I thought it was totally perfect for what it was, the "monster" looked like he was literally ripped from a bad 80's film, Bruce had hordes of hilarious lines, the plot was linear and uncluttered and most importantly, the film was FUN to watch.

Oddly enough, I heard lots of great things about Bubba-hotep and barely managed to sit through it once, so I totally understand that my tastes are apparently at odds with damn near everybody else on earth, but "Bruce" has been viewed a few times at our house and is still a candidate for a re-watch in the near future.

I have a feeling that is "Bruce" was too goofy for some folks, a film featuring Frankenstein will probably be far "worse". I can already envision loads of slapstick featuring Frankenstein. Glad to know that there will be another installment.
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    Heck, it could be worse, he could have made CaveAlien 7
    I liked My Name is Bruce and disliked Bubba Ho-Tep as well, but I didn't LOVE My Name is Bruce, it was cute to me. I think what folks want is a little harder edge from Campbell, the guy is sharp as a razor in general and he's always done goofy stuff but the pendulum used to swing a lot more quickly and on-target with his stuff, now it lazily drifts the other way. My Name is Bruce doesn't have the impact of a solid parody or an original idea, and I think that's where most fans were let down. I got more entertainment out of watching Campbell work a live audience for 30 minutes at a Comic-Con panel last year than I did the 2 hours (with Siffy channel breaks) with MNIB.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I probably already posted this in a different thread but ol' BC was a douche when I saw him at a horror con in Chicago back around 2004/5...a royal douche. If he accepted refunds on the signed book which I bought, I would definitely give it back to him.