Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Spider-Man 4" not happening; Sony's giving Spidey a reboot!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/sp...ws.php?id=8976

I gotta say as much as I was iffy on SM3, this is an AWFUL AWFUL idea. Movie studios need to stop with the reboots and origins stories.

Your thoughts?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Thats crap and I will not see it even if everyone says its a good movie. It's one thing to reboot a movie franshise when the last movie was decades ago, its a complete idiotic thing to reboot a series when the last movie was only 3+ years ago, and at a time when the 4th movie was due out next year. Rebooting Batman was a good idea due to what the movie studios turned Batman into. Spiderman on the other hand was well done to a point.

What happened with the 4th movie anyways? I thought they had the cast signed up and everything was set in motion.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

good. it'll give sam more time to make smaller horror flicks. 'drag me to hell' was so much better than any of the spidey flicks.

Epic fail! I don't use that term often, but this is appropriate. Of course, the idea of John Malkovich as The Vulture wasn't sitting too well either, but I'd take that over a crappy reboot that the studio will micromanage into the ground any day. Raimi didn't want another SM3 debacle, the studio was already trying to force bad ideas like Anne Hathaway as the Vultress (WTF??? And she's a charismatic actress, but seriously, Spidey villain? Nooo.) so he stood fast and his cast stood with him, and Sony swept them out with the trash. It's too soon to reboot Spidey, and the world doesn't need another iconic superhero movie without a vision behind it - look at XMO:Wolverine.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If it means the end of Tobey Maguire, then I can't say it's 100% bad...

However I will agree with JMGuy that it's WAY too soon for a reboot on this series. Even if Spider-Man 3 was poor, they should work hard to put out a better movie this time and get it headed back in a better direction WITHOUT this reboot nonsense.

There are a lot of positive aspects to this. Even if I'm still a bit stunned.

They can look back at the problems with Raimi's Spidey films and hopefully not repeat them.

No more Emo Peter Parker. No more dance numbers. And a real Green Goblin, instead of Might Morphin' Goblin Ranger.

Still stupid how against classic villains like Vulture and Lizard are. Yet they forced lame *** Venom on Raimi.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The shark's been jumped so many times by the Raimi/Maguire team that it has tire marks on it, IMO. I thought the 3rd one showed they were totally bereft of good ideas. The dance sequence says it all.

Reboots can be good (Trek, Bats) or not (Supes, Teminator)... I just hope they don't suck all the humour out like Bond and Bats. The Hulk will suck no matter how many times they try.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

JT is correct on what went wrong.

and I'm guessing we'll see somebody say something like, "we want to make it darker, more realistic like 'the dark knight,'" cos that's what all execs think every freakin' superhero movie is: dark and gritty. Grrr.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    JT is correct on what went wrong.

and I'm guessing we'll see somebody say something like, "we want to make it darker, more realistic like 'the dark knight,'" cos that's what all execs think every freakin' superhero movie is: dark and gritty. Grrr.
    Nah. They're making him a teenager again so they can pull in the Twilight crowd.

It's pretty much stated in the press release.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

So they want a vampire for a villian. So what is the point of Blade in the Marvel-verse (beyond not paying taxes on your sallary from the film)?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)