Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Sculpting a Galaxy" comes out today? Opinions?

Sculpting a Galaxy comes out today ( well I guess the soft-cover)

Whats the word?

Thanks

Welcome to the boards markstudy!

I ordered mine through Amazon and it should arrive anyday now. It was $31.50 with FREE shipping -no book store can beat that.

Anyways, I'm excited about the book. Looks like a great coffee table book and I cant wait for mine!

This should be in the book section though.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I saw the extras included in the limited edition, but like the Dressing a galaxy, including swatches and replicas of originals makes it way outside my budget. The content of the books is something to behold though. It gives you apreciation for the art and detail needed to make a film (even the bad ones).
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Christmas present list material. Or in my case birthday, 'cause 'that' day doesn't exist in my house.

And I suppose any books that gather together barrowloads of pics and designs from the LFL archives is good.

*edit: "is good". I most humbly apologise. ARE good. Are good.....*

I have a 10% + 10% off your ENTIRE ORDER coupon I have to use before December, and I expected to git this'n with it, plus a coupla others. I reckon I'll have ta head ta that there book sellin' place and pick 'er up!

Since I heard the ILM designer who wrote it (name escapes me right name, want to say Lauren somebody or something Lauren... ) at this year's Comic-Con, I should get it. Why? I dunno...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I picked up Lorne Peterson's book Sculpting a Galaxy. I owe a BSLOS for not knowing the guy's name. It looks cool. Found no soft cover version, however, but I just bought the "cheap" $50 one without the extra neato stuff. I plan on perusing it over the next several weeks.

While these aren't true lyrics, but "commentary" during a song, that makes them even worse:
    "This is the real deal, y'all...
    I'm feelin' those lighters..."
    - "Outside" by Staind, featuring Fred Durst

Don't you have to now give a BSLOS for mentioning Fred Durst?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Don't you have to now give a BSLOS for mentioning Fred Durst?
    Actually, if you look closely, JT, "freddurst" is an acronym for "bslos." Or "Dr. F. Rusted." Yeah, yeah, uh huh, F.D. is in the rest home, y'all.

BTW, should this thread be re-directed to the Comics/Books section now?

Probably.

If you need a Fred Durst-related BSLOS, remember that he and his cronies covered "Faith."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"Dr F Rusted" gets you out of the doghouse. Thread moved
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.