Unhappy who are those two people in the senate hoover...

thingy with queen amidala, papantine, and panaka???they are just sitting there in BLACK ROBES!...the one looks strikingly like darth sidiuos....

Most likely Palpatine's pages, advisors, aides, etc. In which case, one is probably Sate Pestage.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They're actually Sabe and Eirtae, the Queen's handmaidens and they are wearing maroon robes. the reason they look black is that all the photos coming out of Lucasfilm are seriously way too dark. Adjust the gamma on the pictures and then lighten them a littla and they all look fine. Everything in episode one looks washed out blue to me. like all the colour got wiped away. One of the drawbacks of using digital cameras. they made the film so darlk so you can't see the bad joins between live action and animation. I looked at the images of the re-instated scenes on the DVD and they are all too dark also. When I lightened them all the joins showed up. Pretty much like the black matte lines round the Rancor in Jedi.

Oh, snot!!! There are black lines in the added footage. I always hated that about the stupid Rancor. Drat!

Oh, yeah... back to the subject. Yeah- those are two handmaidens all right. No need to concern yourself with a clone of Sidious popping into the senate box.

or... (snickering) maybe it was just a promotional standup of Ted Danson.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

When Anakin goes to see Amidala you can see the 2 handmadians
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

It's not exactly black lines like round the Rancor but the images they've composited together look to be badly done. In particular, the Bongo sub in the waterfall sequence looks bad and the shot of Kitster riding the Eopie to the slave quarters loks as bad as some of those early vision mixed videos from the beginning of the pop video age of MTV. Maybe the actual footage won't be as bad but all the stills look dreadful compared to the quality we've seen in elsewhere using digital matte techniques. it could be that different teams did the work or that because they are just mostly stand alone additions made solely for the DVD they didn't think it mattered as much. But you know how the SE Mos Eisley landspeeder approach looked bad, It's kinda that quality. I would have thought the roughness of technology would have been improved upon in the intervening years. Maybe things aren't advancing any. Sham. I'd hate to pay out for the DVD and have the extra bits look poo. I attach exhibit A: Kitster on the Eopie.

thanks for the download...

...yousa point isa well seen!

-giving this a little more thought... maybe it was Rick and George in Drag in that Senate box!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I can't find the pic right now but i believe they are wearing these maroon robes (ignore the queen in the dumb kimono) there's a small pic of the pod in flight somewhere that shows what looks like just one handmaiden not two. but it could be an optical illusion. Anyways...

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    I can't find the pic right now but i believe they are wearing these maroon robes (ignore the queen in the dumb kimono) there's a small pic of the pod in flight somewhere that shows what looks like just one handmaiden not two. but it could be an optical illusion. Anyways...
    Thats what I think they are wearing in the senate(Its dark in the senate so can't tell for sure) There are two handmaidens in the Pod with Amidala and Palpatine
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious