Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Animated Maquettes Thread

Since Gentle Giant seems to be into these for the long haul, thought we should have a thread on it. And to start it off....

WAAAHOOOO!!!!!!

GG has decided afterall to make the Clone Wars Roron Corobb Maquette! Check out this picture...

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...ronCorobb2.jpg

I gotta have that!

In other Maquette news, I should be getting Boba Fett, Grevious, and Leia/R2 anyday now!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I think they are serious overestimating the demand for these things and I doubt they will sell. The premium marketplace is getting very crowded lately, between busts, mini-busts, statues, 1:6 figs, 1:4 statues, Master Replica items, etc. Snowbunny Padme worked I think because her appearances were animated and she is a she in tight fitting clothes. But given the choice between animated Leia and the GG statue slave Leia, I'm going with the slave.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I agree on that to a degree. Their Clone Wars line is awesome but they have to seriously watch out on character choices. I think the upcoming C-3PO/Jawa is priceless! But the Stormtrooper and Luke are questionable in style and pose.

i just preordered Roron Corrob today!

i just hope he isn't the last Clone Wars offering from this line

GG said they were laying the Clone Wars line to rest in 2007 so I hope they have several more in the works before then. I still want Count Dooku, Palpatine and Shakk Ti.

I thought Roran was classic in Clone Wars. I love it when he starts pressing the elevator button!

so, are they releasing the Leia in a black and white version? Who would want that? Weird. Were I to get one, it would certainly be in color!!!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

The b&w Leia/R2 is an international version. Its so not as cool as the colored version. But to each his own, some collectors are going crazy over it.

Which is interesting cause theres only like 1000 or some really low number.

I know we've gone over this somewhere, but I just recieved my Anakin Maquette and I'm now having the famous feet not lining up with the holes in the base thing.

So...was there a way to fix this?

If any of you feel like selling the older animated Clone Wars maquettes, I am recently very interested in them- mostly Obi Wan Kenobi in Clone Armor. I'm not looking to pay a huge markup, but I do realize these are rare and limited. Please keep me in mind if you know of anyone looking to sell some.

Don't do it Speck, you will be hurting when you click the submit button on e-bay for Padme.

So how does 65 bucks for a fett shipped sound, I might get it.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)