Former Michigan coach Schembechler dies

So now it will be win one for the gipper all weekend while trying to watch the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2665857
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sad news indeed, but hopefully it gives Michigan the extra drive to whoop some Buckeye ***.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm hopin' for the same thing.

It was gonna be a touch game to begin with but now with this it may be a little tougher or easier.

Wow. That last one was quite John Maddenesque of me.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Bo Schembechler was the Michigan coach when I was a kid, and first started watching football - I associate him to the game the same way I do Mike Ditka: the word "coach" simply brings them to mind. I hope his family and friends are doing alright.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    I associate him to the game the same way I do Mike Ditka: the word "coach" simply brings them to mind.
    Word.

It was pretty weird for me. I heard on the rerun of "Cold Pizza" during my lunch hour today that he had collapsed and five minutes later as I got in the car to go back to work they announced his death. How ironic: He, with little debate, put the team on the map and the day before arguably the biggest game in the school's history he dies. Crazy stuff...
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    It was gonna be a touch game to begin with...
    They don't play touch football in college anymore. It's full contact these days.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

What about homecoming activities when they play powder puff football for the girls? The best, of course, is two hand touch below the waist when it comes to the ladies.

I know this is old but did anybody else ever hear of the band "Dead Schembechlers?" Apparently they are/were a band of OSU alums and they dress up as Woody Hayes and sing songs about Schembechler etc. Apparently they played their last show on the day before the game.