Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Meh. Leadbelly did "Midnight Special" better'n anyone else.

He also whooped Zeppelin's butt with his original of "Gallow's Pole." Because he's just bad-arse. He's killed men for trying to best him at his own songs. Ask Kurt Cobain. One day, he topped Leadbelly on "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" The next day? Boom!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Meh. Leadbelly did "Midnight Special" better'n anyone else.

He also whooped Zeppelin's butt with his original of "Gallow's Pole." Because he's just bad-arse. He's killed men for trying to best him at his own songs. Ask Kurt Cobain. One day, he topped Leadbelly on "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" The next day? Boom!
    Yes, I've been looking up some of the songs that were the roots of Zeppelin tunes. The Leadbelly version was called "Gallis Pole". I came across "Midnight Special" while looking that up, as well as "Rock Island Line", which I remember from a Johnny Horton live album I listened to as a child. He died young too. Don't mess with Leadbelly.

Song: Up Around the Bend (great guitar lick) or Down On The Corner.

Album: Don't have a fave, except their Greatest Hits.

This band cranked out a lot of classics in a short period of time.

Did anyone see the VH1 Behind the Music special? This band after they split became highly dysfunctional and some of the pettiness that lingered was sad to see.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Fogerty didn't sound so great during half-time yesterday.

Fogerty was downright bad. It was an embarassment.

And why did the United Way posters unravel at the start of "Proud Mary" and "Fortunate Son"? That just seemed like weird timing to me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw Credence Clearwater Revisted at the Northwest Washington Fair in August 2011. Around that time I discovered the song "Bootleg", which I don't know if I had heard before. It quickly became one of my favorite CCR songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqqcPU0aygQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I dont know any albums by name since I only have the 2 greatest hits(all you need really)
    The greatest hits album is called Chronicle.

There's Chronicle 2, also. IIRC, the first is missing "Run Through the Jungle."

And I'd argue you definitely need more CCR than just the Chronicle albums.
    Tommy, close your eyes.