Rules of Engagement

Samuel L. Jackson says, "Waste the Mother-Frs!"

This is an awesome movie with terrorist Jihadists hiding in the crowd of Muslim demonstrators outside the US Embassey in Yemen (where the USS Cole was attacked). Jackson plays US Marine Corps Colonel Childers who's orders are to evacuate the US Ambassador (Ben Kingsley) and his family on aircraft carrier based helicopters while taking heavy machine gun fire and molatov cocktails from snipers on the roof and hidden terrorists amongst the crowd.

Childers is losing Marines to enemy fire and really doesn't have a decent choice but to order return fire. 83 Yemen civilians are killed.

He is court-martialed upon returning to the United States and evidence in his favor it being buried in the interest of making the US look good to Arab allies. Childers calls on his best buddy from his Vietnam days, Tommy Lee Jones' character, to defend him. He'd saved Jones' life in Vietnam when he was wounded, and Jones' went on to become a lousy lawyer on the Marine Corps' dime and is finally set to retire when Childers (Jackson) needs his friend one last time.

This is an awesome movie and perhaps one of the best performances of Samuel L. Jackson that I've ever seen!

"Waste the Mother-Frs!"

The film really points to the difficulty in containing Jihadist terrorism.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This is an awesome movie and perhaps one of the best performances of Samuel L. Jackson that I've ever seen!
    Wait until you see "Snakes on a Plane". That makes this one look like a nursery rhyme.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I was surprised they got the North Vietnamese Colonel to testify.

But I think the pencil pushers were more shocked when he testified that he would have also killed an American radio operator to coerce Childers to pull back men who were slaughtering his command were it the other way around from how it went down in Vietnam.

They did a really great job in this film interspersing relevant experiences of the characters in 'Nam with what was going on with the killing situation in Yemen.

Was this a true story? I remember the USS Cole being attacked but not much of the rest.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.